Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TM-800HD working great with latest UR image

Title
    Thanks
    i have to say i was on the phone with Richard from technomate the other day for over an hour. What a guy an absolute gentleman . im using a buffalo ethernet bridge now for my tm800hd and my vu+duo box and it's working a treat now just set the tm800hd up using it and its great.

i also have to say the digidude could not be more helpful over in DW forum these two forums are by far the two best there is . A sat peep doesnt need anything else
    squig007

2. The Following User Says Thank You to squig007 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squig007 View Post
    ii also have to say the digidude could not be more helpful over in DW forum these two forums are by far the two best there is . A sat peep doesnt need anything else
    squig007
    digidue has started to post here more so you can ask here and there i'm sure digidude will be happy to answer
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    also to be fair i was proabably a bit harsh on the tm800hd. It's been very frustrating as Rat said at times but the we box is defiantley coming along nicely . yes there has been nights when i felt like throwing through the window but im really excited about what othere teams are now working on it.

out of interest does anyone know if the VIX team are by any chnace doing an image for it ?????????

squig007

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If Technomate had relesed the box fully working it would cost you twice the price.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I got a TM800hd the day they came out to be develpoed and i can say WELL i still use mine every day handels all 5 viewing card and records. Never misses a beat!
    And her in doors loves it to, She can even move channels from the sat list to the fav`s.
    Technomate TM-800HD Beta tester. TM 6900 HD, TM5400CI+ super, ClearOS servers, smargo+ x5,Spiderbox 9000hd, spiderbox 5000sd, Openbox s9HD, Sky HD multiroom full sub.
    Dishes, Main dish is 1.2m Triax, 1.1m prime focus, 80cm moterised, & zone2 sky dish.
    Cams and cards are, Diablo 2.3 & diblo wifi, Dragoncam v2, Gamma,Titanium 1,2, Canal digital,DigitALB, JSC 1-10, Nova Gr, many ice scrapers & old cams.
    Loads of other satellite kit.
    Satellite ark is 45w - 36e.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reddishd For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (22-05-11)

Title
    Thanks
    What Image are you using ?
    do you update images as and when they come out ?

I find it very strange that most people are having some sort of problem (especially recording) ... USB or INT ?

so your recording is perfect
    HD audio is not lower than SD
    HD audio doesn't drop out
    etc
    etc

btw I'm not calling you a liar it just amazes me how different these boxes are and the results are so different

Last edited by Rat; 22-05-11 at 14:03.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Box is very temperamental, I have found internal HDD does a Houdini even with a USB stick plugged in.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reddishd View Post
    If Technomate had relesed the box fully working it would cost you twice the price.
    Really?

So why was their initial price £50 less than the actual retail price?

Technomate originally issued a price of £199 then it jumped up to £249.

Are you saying that Technomate knew it was going to fail so priced it at less than half of what they could have made from it?

I'd appreciate it if you would explain your post.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reddishd View Post
    I got a TM800hd the day they came out to be develpoed and i can say WELL i still use mine every day handels all 5 viewing card and records. Never misses a beat!
    And her in doors loves it to, She can even move channels from the sat list to the fav`s.
    Oh shut up.

I had mine on pre-order.

Does that make me a Beta Tester?

Actually I know fine well that I'm a Beta-Tester.

The machine barely passes as a basic HD box let alone a PVR. When it works (IMO/FME) it works great, but it has far too many moments when it does not work properly.

Title
    Thanks
    I nearly bought one of these when it first came out Stu. Glad i chose the duo instead

Title
    Thanks
    Aye but you are rich Charlie.

Title
    Thanks
    I have always had the old Technomates and I love the user-interface with the clear understandable menus etc.

Wanting to try a Linux box I got a VU Solo, which like the TM-800 runs Enigma2. But I find no matter which 'skin'' I use with the Solo, the user interface is never as good (to me anyway) as the old techno. eg; clicking on 'OK' when viewing a channel sensibly brings up the channel list on the technos but just shows current channel info on the Solo. You have to (strangely to me) press the 'up' button to get the channel list and it has then moved up a channel. I then sometimes think the 'new' channel highlighted is the channel I am watching. Very confusing.

This happens on every 'skin' that I have tried so far.

I am unhappy with just this one feature and is enough to want me to get rid of the Solo.

I would ideally like to know if the old Techno menu's etc are also on the TM-800.

Can anyone tell me if this is so? Or does it just use a Techno-logo 'skin' over the basic Enigma and so is committed to these irritations that I don't like. :-)

Barry.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    at best the majority of skin designers for the enigma systems are amateurs and as such they will never be up to the standard of purpose built GUI's of non linux boxes. there are however some very tallented skinners, who listen to whats wanted and try as best as possible to tailor their skins to the end user
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

barrykap (09-06-11)

digidude
    i have tried, and failed, many times to create a skin. Even using the few tools that exist, its a HUGE and complex task

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

barrykap (09-06-11),Larry-G (09-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Ah well... At least mentioning it on this forum might influence future updates to enigma or a good skin.

Barry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123