Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuner problem on build 4.2.005?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I would do the following to test each tuner individually.

USE THE SAME COAX FEED FOR ALL TESTS.

Test with your fixed dish on Astra 28.2. Again I state the the exact same feed for all tests below.

1) Set each tuner to Simple > Single > Astra 28.2 > No. See attached screenshot.
    2) Run a Manual Single Satellite Scan on each tuner (see attached scan settings screenshot). Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > First select 'Tuner A' at top and set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single Satellite' > Press OK and run the scan. Scan should find approx 930 ish services.
    3) Run the above scan on ALL four tuners, EACH time using the same Coax feed. All tuner scans should find more or less the same amount of services.
    4) If all scans run ok on each tuner, test recording on each tuner.
    5) Start with Tuner A, connect the same feed to Tuner A. Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
    6) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
    7) Once the recording is complete. Set Tuner A to not configured and move the coax feed to Tuner B.
    8) Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
    9) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
    10) Once the recording is complete. Set Tuner B ALSO to not configured and move the coax feed to Tuner C.
    11) Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
    12) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
    13) Once the recording is complete. Set Tuner C ALSO to not configured and move the coax feed to Tuner D.
    14) Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
    15) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
    16) Finally check all four recordings.

Post back results. The above should give a clue if there's an issue with one of the tuner modules.
    Hi Sicilian carried out your suggested tests tonight

All 4 tuners pulled in 970 channels

Carried out recording tests with no issues , all recordings are ok

All feeds plugged back in from Sky dish - Tuners A B C

Currently recording 2 programs , 1 on BBC 2HD the other on Channel 4 , if I select my 5 to watch the channel goes blocky , if I stop recording immediately the picture comes back perfect

Have you any more suggestions what I can try next ?

20161019_204806.jpg20161019_204831.jpg

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Post tuner settings for each tuner please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Tuner A
    Tuner B
    Tuner C

Set to Simple , single 28.2E ,no

Tuner D not configured for now , this usually connected to my motorised dish

Small update , flashed back to build 4.1.015 and cannot get my box to fail , all recordings are fine during the limited time ive tested it since around midnight last night

This must be a build issue ? cant understand why I'm on my own with this one ?

Should I work my way back through the builds to find out when this became an issue ?

So build 4.2 005 and 4.2 009 I have the recording issue , build 4.1.015 the problem appears resolved , currently monitoring
    Last edited by satnut2; 20-10-16 at 16:45.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ... drivers may have changed after 4.1.016

Code:
    openvix: developer 4.1.017.001
    [xtrend] et7x00 and et8500 update drivers optimise ci
    [openvix] fix bootlogo.sh
    odin2  fix typo Display name
    openvix: release 4.1.016
    [broadmedia] g300 update drivers 1) Diseqc LNB detection in first install wizard sometimes does not complete. 2) Manual single satellite scan takes a while to get started. 3) Autobouquetsmaker constant fails. This is widely used to get latest channel list data for different providers. This constant fails for Sky UK. 4) CCCam PAT TIMOUT problem after 10 minutes of watching.
    [eopenplugins] submodule update
    Merge branch '3.4' of github.com:oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core into 3.4
    Update submodule e2openplugins
    [skins] dont install to sysroot to stop issue then parts include in team e2
    openvix: developer 4.1.016.001
    [openbh] add driver to be preinstalled
    [usb driver meta] fix bb, if teams want drivers preinstalled please use correct bitbake (oe-alliance-drivers.bb), add some "RDEPENDS_${PN}_openbh = xxxxxx"
    [zgemma] update all drivers fix volume
    add display skin support bwlcd96
    openvix: release 4.1.015

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

satnut2 (20-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    ... drivers may have changed after 4.1.016

Code:
    openvix: developer 4.1.017.001
    [xtrend] et7x00 and et8500 update drivers optimise ci
    [openvix] fix bootlogo.sh
    odin2  fix typo Display name
    openvix: release 4.1.016
    [broadmedia] g300 update drivers 1) Diseqc LNB detection in first install wizard sometimes does not complete. 2) Manual single satellite scan takes a while to get started. 3) Autobouquetsmaker constant fails. This is widely used to get latest channel list data for different providers. This constant fails for Sky UK. 4) CCCam PAT TIMOUT problem after 10 minutes of watching.
    Merge branch '3.4' of github.com:oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core into 3.4
    Update submodule e2openplugins
    [skins] dont install to sysroot to stop issue then parts include in team e2
    openvix: developer 4.1.016.001
    [openbh] add driver to be preinstalled
    [usb driver meta] fix bb, if teams want drivers preinstalled please use correct bitbake (oe-alliance-drivers.bb), add some "RDEPENDS_${PN}_openbh = xxxxxx"
    [zgemma] update all drivers fix volume
    add display skin support bwlcd96
    openvix: release 4.1.015
    Thanks for the info

Well I cant get it to fail running 4.1.015

Who creates the build updates on the forum for Xtrend ? , is it possible to get the latest build but with the 4.1.015 drivers to test ?

Worried going forward all future updates will have drivers I'll have problems with recordings, meaning I'll have to stick with an ancient build

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Thank you for the info I'll check this out and report to Xtrend. You could FTP drivers from your current image to latest, will be fine. I'll test your combination of recordings.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Thank you for the info I'll check this out and report to Xtrend. You could FTP drivers from your current image to latest, will be fine. I'll test your combination of recordings.
    Thanks for your help Sicilian , flashed back to 4.2.009 tonight , issues with recordings again

Flashed back to 4.1.015 no issues , Ive now also connected my motorised dish to tuner d without issue

Tuner config

Tuner A,B,C simple , single 28.2e
    Tuner D Simple , positioner with my longitude and lattitude entered ok

No problems so far , currently monitoring

How to I ftp specific drivers to the latest image ? where do I find them ?

20161021_201708.jpg

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    can anyone advise how I can ftp drivers guys ?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    You aren't on your own, there are a number of Xtrend 8500 users on another forum including myself that have been seeing this and feeding it back. However the users I have come across so far have experienced it with twin cable tuners not satellite feeds. The end result appears to be the same though, pixelated channel experienced whlst recording another.
    For us it has only appeared since the 4.2.xxx releases of Vix, I rolled back my installed to 4.1.016 and it doesn't occur.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stevie1965 For This Useful Post:

satnut2 (27-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    You aren't on your own Satnut2, there are a number of Xtrend 8500 users on another forum including myself that have been seeing this and feeding it back. However the users I have come across so far have experienced it with twin cable tuners not satellite feeds. The end result appears to be the same though, pixelated channel experienced whilst recording another.
    For us it has only appeared since the 4.2.xxx releases of Vix, I rolled back my installed to 4.1.016 and it doesn't occur.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stevie1965 For This Useful Post:

satnut2 (27-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback Steve , I'm currently running on 4.1.015 and its ok , worried regarding future updates with this receiver if this is not resolved

Which other forum is this being discussed on ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnut2 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Steve , I'm currently running on 4.1.015 and its ok , worried regarding future updates with this receiver if this is not resolved

Which other forum is this being discussed on ?
    I'll PM you the link as I don't think we're allowed to mention other forums

Title
    Thanks
    I have Xtrend 8500 and twin DVB-S2 signal is 79% and have similar problem as not being able to record and watch 2 high bandwidths HD channels like (itv hd + ch4 hd). However, I can record and watch (itv hd + bbc1 hd). Seems weird but I think BBC HD are lower bandwidth so they run fine. It seems to me that these issues are very much related to signal strength and hence channels bandwidths that can be allowed within, very much like broadband sharing.

Title
    Thanks
    This is an update to the problem of not being able to record multiple HD channels on DVB-S2 tuners of the Xtrend ET-8500. This turned out to be drivers related issue and was resolved in the latest images released in December 2016. You may be able to update your existing installation and resolve the issue. If not, you will need to reinstall a new image.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123