Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Freeview EPG Not Automatically Updating

Title
    Thanks

Freeview EPG Not Automatically Updating

I use a Favourites bouquet which contains a mixture of Freesat and Freeview channels (to combine the best of both). The box is a Mut@nt HD2400 with 2x DVB-S2 tuners and 1x DVB-C/T/T2 tuner.

I notice that my Freesat EPG programme details all populate fine, with the exception of Freeview channels such as Dave. Once a Freeview channel has been zapped to the details populate for all Freeview channels, but unless I do that they remain blank. The details remain until (I assume) the next EPG refresh runs.

I currently have the below selected in settings:

Automatic refresh
    Automatic save
    Show EIT now/next in infobar
    Enable EIT EPG
    Enable MHW EPG
    Enable FreeSat EPG

It's not a major issue, but a niggling one that's existed since I bought it last year. Any ideas?
    Mut@nt HD2400 - 1TB HDD, 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x DVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The EPG data is acquired by you tuning to a freeview service/channel. You can automate the zapping using EPG refresh plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    Great. A search on that throws up your guide: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...off-the-stream

I'll give that a shot, thank you
    Mut@nt HD2400 - 1TB HDD, 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x DVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Was about to update the guide. Use the background zap/fake recording option. 2 minutes zap duration is fine.

For Terrestrial, you do not have to enable Virgin EPG.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

JeanReno (08-09-16)