Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: strange audio problem

Title
    Thanks

strange audio problem

I have an issue with one channel (so far) itv encore. the picture is fine, no glitches or pauses, however the audio is very stutter, almost .5 sec sound followed bt .5 sec silence, this is continual and only noticed it by chance.

The receiver if a duel sat tuner, using tuner a, fed from a sky uk dish with octo lnb, no other enigma receiver attached to the dish has a problem. I also run a xtrend et 8000, and a single feed openbox v8s (it was my first receiver and is only in a spare room not used now, so please don't comment LOL)

the snr values on the xtrend are considerably higher than the Edison. 98 on the xtrend as opposed to 68 on the Edison, I have no idea if this will make a difference?
    Last edited by Ford1; 07-09-16 at 22:07.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    might you have tried the audio button and select a different stream?

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried all the options in the audio menu and none seem to make a difference? I don't know how to find another channel on the same transponder to sdee if its related through multiple channels?

Just disabled tuner a and problem solved using tuner b, seems the fault is in the wiring to tuner a, as if I change feeds over fault occurs on tuner b and not a.

Hopefully recabling will sort the problem.
    Last edited by Ford1; 07-09-16 at 23:25. Reason: Problem resolved