Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV tunner will only work when ET8500 is fully on, not in standby when using loop out

Title
    Thanks
    Ok I have kind all working no with a bit of trial and error and so its a learning curve. I can get all 3 tunners to record well at east 2 simultaneously and watch a third channel. Some times get message the ' That Tune Failed? But not as much now.

The problem I have is that the attached USB hardrive has been initialised by the box for recording, but not sure how to access the recording for playing on the quick rather then going thru loads of menus?

I cannot transfer files as .ts to another attached USB drive as it will not be recognised unless its initialised. AS the drives are initialised my windows based oc will not pick or see the drives and files for transfer and copying?

There is a move option for recordings but again it will not detect the other attached NTF formated USB drive as its transfer destination which already has media files .ts ,avi,mkv etc?

There is no apps menu like media player or file exploerer?

Not sure how to install VLC on this as thre is no web browser applications etc?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    So I delete all channels from all tuners - A B.C a how? So I Scan again from tuner A only.
    Channel data is not tuner number/letter specific, it is tuner type specific. Whichever tuner you use, all other tuners of same type will have access to the channel data.

Just post screenshots of tour tuner configuration. You have three tuners, please post three separate screenshots

Also, which mast is your aerial pointed to? Refer to this website if you need to

Code:
    http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings
    https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    Regarding the external USB hard disk, how should I format it so I can record and view the .ts files to transfer/copy to another usb drive?
    Leave HDD as it is. Receiver uses a Linux operating system, the linux file system is best.

As you are connecting the HDD to your PC, see this guide:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...)-From-Windows

I would however recommend you FTP/setup mounts.

Another suggestion for you, you may wish to change the following option:

Menu/setup/system/recording and playback settings
    Composition of recording filenames = event name first

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Channel data is not tuner number/letter specific, it is tuner type specific. Whichever tuner you use, all other tuners of same type will have access to the channel data.

Just post screenshots of tour tuner configuration. You have three tuners, please post three separate screenshots

Also, which mast is your aerial pointed to? Refer to this website if you need to

Code:
    http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings
    https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

Leave HDD as it is. Receiver uses a Linux operating system, the linux file system is best.

As you are connecting the HDD to your PC, see this guide:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...)-From-Windows

I would however recommend you FTP/setup mounts.

Another suggestion for you, you may wish to change the following option:

Menu/setup/system/recording and playback settings
    Composition of recording filenames = event name first
    How do I setup mounts?

The files that read Linux partions like Ext2 FSD all appear to be corrupt and invalid on that site?

My Areil is now set up to have broadcast from Crystal palace, in London

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If not done already (hence request for pictures), in your tuner configuration, set up all three tuners as:
    Terrestrial Provider = Crystal Palace, London(gb) (Europe DVB-T/T2)

For linux file system issue
    Please search the net for "windows read linux file system"

Here is one guide I found
    Code:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-ways-to-access-your-linux-partitions-from-windows/
    Best not to put all questions in one thread.
    Please start separate threads for separate issues in the image support section if you cannot find the answers. It helps others searching for same thing.

Title
    Thanks
    If you activate samba in the network settings, you should be able to browse and transfer files between the hdd and your pc

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    If you activate samba in the network settings, you should be able to browse and transfer files between the hdd and your pc
    Will set that part up, but my windows laptop is not connected to the ET8500 , not shure how to phycially connect that.
    I do have a lan network connection to the ET8500, but noted there is not web browser app or explorer similar to windows.
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 20-08-16 at 21:15. Reason: typo error

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If not done already (hence request for pictures), in your tuner configuration, set up all three tuners as:
    Terrestrial Provider = Crystal Palace, London(gb) (Europe DVB-T/T2)

Code:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-ways-to-access-your-linux-partitions-from-windows/
    Please start separate threads for separate issues in the image support section if you cannot find the answers. It helps others searching for same thing.

Code:
    Please start separate threads for separate issues in the image support section if you cannot find the answers. It helps others searching for same thing.[/QUOTE]

I could not do a screen shot as my laptop is not connected to the ET8500. So I have written some of my configuration settings down:

All 3 tuners A,B C are set as:
    Si26x (DVB-T2) Switchable Tuner types (DVB-T2,DVB-C)
    Configuration mode - Enabled
    Terrestrial Provider - Crystal Palace, London
    Enable 5v for active antenna - Off

Under Recording settings
    Default recording type - Normal

Title
    Thanks
    you don't physically connect them, its done over your internal network. so if the et8500 is connected to your router then you can access it from any windows (or android) based system.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    you don't physically connect them, its done over your internal network. so if the et8500 is connected to your router then you can access it from any windows (or android) based system.
    Mt ET8500 is connected to a wireless Ethernet bridge which wirelessly connected to the router in another room.

So could i connect my laptop to the wire less Ethernet and get access to ET8500 ?
    Or could I connect the lap top direct to the ET8500 using cat5 cable?

Title
    Thanks
    If your box is connected to your router and your laptop is also connected to that router if you have samba set up on the box you will see it in Windows explorer,

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletts View Post
    If your box is connected to your router and your laptop is also connected to that router if you have samba set up on the box you will see it in Windows explorer,
    OK will try it, but will need a long cable as router is in another room or I will try connecting it via wireless Ethernet hub.

I have tried connecting the hardrive to a android media player which only plays files, the HD recordings for some reason do stutter with audio delay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12