Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV tunner will only work when ET8500 is fully on, not in standby when using loop out

Title
    Thanks

Question TV tunner will only work when ET8500 is fully on, not in standby when using loop out

Hi,

I have my ET8500 with 3 DVBT2 Tunners al connected via loop, the the last tuner is lopped out to my tv tunner.
    I want to use my TV tunner when thr ET is recording other channels.
    The problem is that the TVtuner onky works when the ET8500 is switched on but not in stand by or deep stand by or when switched off.

Its all connect via loop in and out cables up to my TV in buit tuner.

Any advsie How I can get my tv tunner working when all is connected in loop mode and ET8500 is in Stand by mode?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Sorry. Should have mentioned this in other thread. You will have to use a splitter so that STB and TV are independent if there is no signal on loop out port.

The three tuners on STB can remain looped.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Sorry. Should have mentioned this in other thread. You will have to use a splitter so that STB and TV are independent if there is no signal on loop out port.

The three tuners on STB can remain looped.
    Ah , that's a shame I thought the tv Tuner would have at least worked when ET8500 is in standby mode.
    I'm having problems with the setup wizard it only detects 1 dvbt2 and the others are noted as DVB C I'm Shure Iasked for 3 HD terrestrial tuners.

How do I rune or start the set up wizard again, as I tried re-booting but no joy only see the open vix sign, and back drop picture a open field with tree, with please wait written on top right hand corner after trying to attempt to scan, been like that for hours.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    You need to configure each tuner in turn to be T2. That's probably why the tv isn't working in standby.

Can't check the detail at the moment.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    You need to configure each tuner in turn to be T2. That's probably why the tv isn't working in standby.

Can't check the detail at the moment.
    Any ideas how I can restart the wizard as I can't see any options to let me do it?
    I only got the unit today.

I think I ticked alloy of options in the channel scan s may be that's the reason its taking so long to set up.
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 19-08-16 at 22:35.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Which wizard are you referring to ? If you've been in standby and deep standby, the setup wizard must have finished.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Which wizard are you referring to ? If you've been in standby and deep standby, the setup wizard must have finished.
    Its openvix

I just turned the bix on an it went into set up mode, and when it came to the tunners I selected DVBT2 an then the type of scan which was freq and loads of other stuff. I just ticked boxes so it scans everthing.

I need to start the initial unit setup again but how?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You'd need to factory reset if wanted back to the wizard. All the screens you can get into manually though from menu setup

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is t2 freeview/saorview by aerial on roof only?
    are the tuners changeable to dvb/t to dvb/t?
    Last edited by cactikid; 19-08-16 at 23:22.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangord30 View Post
    You'd need to factory reset if wanted back to the wizard. All the screens you can get into manually though from menu setup
    I have had to go via menu system and manually selected itme.I set up tuner A as dvbt2 and scaned it but now not sure how to set up tuner B to do the same etc If I select tunner B it will not give me a scan option?

Title
    Thanks
    I have tuned all 3 tuners now, in standby I can use my built in TV tunner, in deep standby I can not use my built in TV tuner.

I can record 2 channels at the same time but can not watch a 3rd or record a third, it says failed to tune when I select a channel to watch or record.

I tried to access the files on an external hard disk which I used and initialised for recording on the ET8500. It works when connected to ET8500 but not when connected to pc/laptop to view the recorded files?

Any tips on above, as none of this is mentioned in the manual.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    post a screen shot of your tuner config page, this is a lot easier than you are making it, you set each tuner to DVB-T2 and the broadcast area, then you only need to scan once.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

TV tunner will only work when ET8500 is full

Scan menu and tuner configuration menu are two different menus. You do not have to factory reset if you want to change tuner configuration.

Nor do you have to scan from all tuners. only scan from one.

If you initialised/formatted the HDD using the receiver, it is now in Linux file system. This is why you can't see the recordings Search for guide to do so. pretty sure it is a sticky thread.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    post a screen shot of your tuner config page, this is a lot easier than you are making it, you set each tuner to DVB-T2 and the broadcast area, then you only need to scan once.
    I did set each tunner A Band C to DVBT2, the broadcast area set to all UK regions (I'm based in East London/Essex) I just thought it may be the best option.

And I scanned all 3 tuners separately, but noted you say only scan 1?

I also get error message when I turn the unit on 'Tune Failed' ?

If click on EPG I can see the channel programme on the small view panel on EPG then when I click on it to fully view the channel I get picture freezing, pixelated and tune fail error message?

How do get a screen shot of menu config page?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Scan menu and tuner configuration menu are two different menus. You do not have to factory reset if you want to change tuner configuration.

Nor do you have to scan from all tuners. only scan from one.

If you initialised/formatted the HDD using the receiver, it is now in Linux file system. This is why you can't see the recordings Search for guide to do so. pretty sure it is a sticky thread.
    So I delete all channels from all tuners - A B.C a how? So I Scan again from tuner A only.

Regarding the external USB hard disk, how should I format it so I can record and view the .ts files to transfer/copy to another usb drive?

I also can not find a function to export files / recording?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast