Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 0 - Channels found

Title
    Thanks

Question 0 - Channels found

Hi everyone recently ran into to some troubles with my Edision box.

I use to have a virgin subscription upstairs in my bedroom but a while back decided to cancel my subscription and use an edision box ( only watched the free channels ) and it was all working great. However I haven't used it much recently, past month maybe even two and when I tried switching it on it had no channels and when trying to search for them it doesn't manage to find any. However upon taking the box downstairs (where I still currently have a virgin media subscription). The box picks up the channels without any problems. I didn't change any settings just simply put in the HDMI, Digital cable and navigated to automatic search.

Will the box not be able to pick up any channels unless I have an active subscription? I'm currently debating factory resetting the box and trying again but if I do indeed need an active subscription it seems switching to Satellite would be my best option.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I understand it's likely not a problem specific to the box but couldn't find a general support section.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if your coaxial feed is dodgy you might not get fta for that box,downstairs feed is good and works,so spliters have you checked them to see if faulty or a cable unplugged?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    if your coaxial feed is dodgy you might not get fta for that box,downstairs feed is good and works,so spliters have you checked them to see if faulty or a cable unplugged?
    I'm not entirely sure how to check the cables they was installed by virgin media when I signed up to their service. The cable runs directly out of my wall and down the side of my house. So is the problem most likely an issue with the cable?