Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: mutant hd51

Title
    Thanks
    Spot on, running opentatv5.3. took a while to set it up as any thing I found relating to this box was in a different language

2. The Following User Says Thank You to steviesoitis For This Useful Post:

Avalon (29-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steviesoitis View Post
    Spot on, running opentatv5.3. took a while to set it up as any thing I found relating to this box was in a different language
    My (German) wife always tells me that it helps to improve my German

If there is anything specific you have learnt, it might be worth documenting for everyone?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Avalon (29-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    just like they promised xbmc 2 years ago
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Also noticed the mention of another VIX based image seems to have upset Sicilian, I wasn't aware mentioning a GPL based fork that wasn't OpenVix was likely to cause anyone to get up right, it seems to have been fine for other team images, just figured it may have helped someone out
    It's not the fork I have an issue with. The organisation in question has blatantly cloned OpenViX and used the ViX name for their own benefit. OpenViX has taken years or team work and development and bought massive changes and improvements to the Enigma 2 world, what exactly have these guys developed for e2?? Forking our e2 is one thing, but using our name and touting our image as their own is another!!

Other teams have used our e2 as a base, but have any of those used our name?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

roybach (19-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Does anyone know if the HD51 will support channels with hybrid log gamma (HLG) format HDR please? There are a couple of demo channels running this now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Just noticed that with new bootloader the chip is being driven faster, so interesting
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I'm looking forward to getting one of these. If its anything like my Mut@nt HD2400 I'll be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Just found out that HLG should be supported and was in one of the recent driver updates (for OpenATV anyway):

Driver Update 18/08/2016

* Update to HDMI 2.0a
    - HDR Metadata Extraction
    - HDR pass-through
    - HDR-HLG (Hrybrid-Log Gamma)
    - SDR -> HDR conversion
    * Add DTS Support
    Last edited by aido; 16-09-16 at 09:24.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    am in for a new box and been holding off to see what the next generation boxes have to offer. The mutant 4k is appealing to me, only issue I have is the remote, not universal and cant use with tv. sick of having two many remotes around the room, always end up losing one and taking ages to find. in addition is there a real benefit to buying one, if we don't have 4k channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Without registering ViX as a brand (and a certain stock exchange would probably have a few things to say) I don't personally see a massive issue, if you have the sense to flash a box, you have the sense to understand the difference between two names which both have VIX in them surely?

As to what they've done in a relatively short period of time vs what OpenVix has achieved in 6 years, the answer is likely to be comparatively little, but that 'little' seems to have been to open up support for boxes that ViX historically hasn't catered for, some for obvious reasons
    Without wishing to pick an argument, you only have to look at the level of questions on this forum and some of the responses to Q,s on ViX4 to realise that your 1st point is a little naive, No .... most people do not understand the difference and most debug logs I have seen imply its part of OpenViX .... that is fundamentally wrong. Looked at their Web site today and although there is a "support forum" it has no user posts.
    It,s now even worse now that OpenViX version is 4.x!

Ref your 2nd point, there is a limit to how many receivers you can fully support (even Vu is a major headache (in my view from reading the threads). Wetek.... nice little box (I built my own ViX image with Dev support) but Wetek have now thrown that all away by dropping future E2 support for this and current new boxes, so OpenViX dev made the right decision

I understand where you are coming from, but you have to look at Dev priorities. I bought my Xtrend ET8500's in Germany (where I live) a good 6+ months before Xtrend were prepared to sell through retailers in the UK (I asked them, and their priorities were in the German speaking countries - a big market), so I built my own ViX image ... not expecting ViX to do,it for a box that they couldn,t sell or get their hands on.

HD51, an interesting receiver that was targeted initially here in Germany and OpenATV appear to get priority support to get their image working.
    I am sure that when there is volume available in the UK, VIX will look at providing the necessary support but you only have look at the OpenATV site to see that this receiver is still a work in progress ...... although very interesting and looks positive.
    Last edited by twol; 16-09-16 at 19:14.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (16-09-16),roybach (19-09-16),Sicilian (16-09-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    It's not that uncommon if forking an OS under a 'GPL like' licence to reference it's origin, NetBSD, OpenBSD and FreeBSD for example, though OS X/iOS don't reference BSD and neither did SunOS/NeXTSTEP or pfsense in the name. In the E2 landscape you see it as well, Black Hole, Black Pole, Open BH etc and that's before you get into who used what as the source for the work they release. Without registering ViX as a brand (and a certain stock exchange would probably have a few things to say) I don't personally see a massive issue, if you have the sense to flash a box, you have the sense to understand the difference between two names which both have VIX in them surely?

As to what they've done in a relatively short period of time vs what OpenVix has achieved in 6 years, the answer is likely to be comparatively little, but that 'little' seems to have been to open up support for boxes that ViX historically hasn't catered for, some for obvious reasons (Air Digital), others i've never fully understood the lack of love for eg WETEK as WoS is a UK distributor. In fairness the image could be garbage and the drivers awful, I simply don't know as I lack the hardware to test at present, I just thought it may help out VIX users who want to get hold of an HD51 now rather than wait for you to get sufficient stock to warrant pushing the hardware and VIX to launch an image the same day as stock goes live.
    make no mistake these arse clowns are not making their image for the benefit for the community or even to bring ViX to receivers otherwise not supported by ViX.

These arse clowns are making their image for pure profit. They have a well known and well earned name for piss poor after sales support and robbing their customers once a sale has been made. Just try going on their forum to point out a bug in the image or report a problem with a receiver they sold and you will be banned for life.

The sole reason they put out their image with the ViX name is to coin in on customers who think they are buying a receiver that will receive full ViX support it's just that simple. These guys are scum and the lowest of the low, even lower than the fools touting that zgemma shite.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

moz147 (29-03-17)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No argument here twol, i'll be honest I barely skimmed the other forum and I lack supported hardware so it's not much use to me at present - it was literally just a heads up for anyone who had purchased an HD51 and was waiting on VIX support as opposed to going to PLI/ATV. Ref the Wetek build it was your sig that sent me off in that direction and I spotted the post you made. WETEK being an OpenElec hardware partner have always interested me so it was on the 'toy' list, instead I went in another direction with the intention to use my Solo2 to feed Kodi boxes.
    i have two wetek boxes and in my opinion there garbage. One with a satellite tuner was taken out of the box and put rite back in it again. The other with a terrestrial tuner has sat next to my Xbox one for over a year gathering dust. I even bought the E2 remote which has been used once. I'd rather use my fire tv boxes than a wetek every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    wow very nice thanks my friend

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Wait... you hate something more than AirDigital products? Joking asside I can't say one way or another what the image is like or the supplier, i've used neither - though after today that may change. I can't argue with the commercial link between image development and box sales - this forum proves that link is healthy and active.

I come from a cable background and have been a Kodi/OE fan for a long time, WETEK have a decent OE link, i'd have loved them to build on that, hence the 'toy' to play with outlook, i've since decided to go the other way, hence back to sat for the first time in a long time. My FTV4K is a great box, it's as snappy as the i3 NUC+SSD for general use and is now my go-to option for friends/family.

I did nothing other than moan on here and bug some old friends in Germany, they were good enough to get an answer for me on the critical question of FBC and a few other bits, I asked if I could re-post the FBC info and was told it was OK. A few other bits that were mentioned i've not said anything about as they're not relevant, but it looks like Mut@nt have a few tricks in development for the HD51, the overclocked boot loader being the first of 3 features that were mentioned. Thank Sicilian for ordering them

By all means do your own research and you will see how bad a company they are to deal with (the first clowns not wetek) and yes I detest them with more bile than airgidigtal. At least there openly out to rob you, these lot try to do it on the sly and fail every time.

SIMPLES.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Avalon (21-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    What's the other two features if you can share the info? Cheers

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast