Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mutant hd51

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Agree it's bleeding edge as mentioned above, I'd personally not go in on one now as a main box, but if you don't mind buying on the basis it'll be a bumpy ride to begin with and for several months after, then you have the option. The same seller regularly pulls the same stunt from memory - I only ever see them used in launch situations iirc.
    I've read the Mut@nt HD21 is just a no thrills box and defo not bleeding edge as stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks

mutant hd51

Yeah. Defo worth keeping an eye on this receiver especially at that price and being 4K. Will see price drops on the other receivers to compete, hopefully.......

Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 18-08-16 at 11:16. Reason: Typo.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    anyone buying one is in effect beta testing it - more so than usual
    That pretty much describes most of the E2 receiver market including most of the boxes produced and released by Vu+.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Mine should be here tomorrow, I'll let you's know how I get on

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steviesoitis For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (18-08-16),Avalon (18-08-16),bassethound (18-08-16),roybach (19-09-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    not worth buying a 4K receiver yet no proper UK 24h tv channels yet
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

jenseneverest (18-08-16),steviesoitis (18-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    not buying either the hd51 or xtrend.
    Granted the mutant is more realistically priced but both boxes lacks FBC tuners and HDMI input so would be a step back for me.

Waiting for the gigablue and spycat release.
    But there is no way i am spending a penny more than 300 quid on a box. So that rules out VU and Dream lol

So far they all using the same chipset released in early 2015, there is already better CPU alternatives available.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jenseneverest View Post
    not buying either the hd51 or xtrend.
    Granted the mutant is more realistically priced but both boxes lacks FBC tuners and HDMI input so would be a step back for me.

Waiting for the gigablue and spycat release.
    But there is no way i am spending a penny more than 300 quid on a box. So that rules out VU and Dream lol

So far they all using the same chipset released in early 2015, there is already better CPU alternatives available.
    Laughing my farking arse off !!!. You mean to tell me you actually own a box other than that zgemma and cloud I box shite your always touting every where else ?.
    Last edited by Larry-G; 18-08-16 at 14:43.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (18-08-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Agreed, E2 hardware is enthusiast territory, OEM's appear to take the view that they can put out hardware that's barely functional/tested and the image teams will develop/feedback issues.
    that's always been the case, even as far back as the original dreambox E1 boxes.

Image support sells hardware and bug reports/fixes perpetuates the myth that a particular OEM is better than another.
    Correct and some manufacturers (cough Vu+ cough) seem to believe that their boxes need no form of testing before release. They just expect teams to instantly offer support. If more teams put their foot down and refused to offer support until they at least had a chance to properly test the hardware and image like ViX used to then you would have a far more stable platform.

The sat hardware market moves at a glacial pace, I suspect it'll be a while before we see 2-4GB RAM/quad core CPU's, but hopefully the higher end stuff will and it can be put to good use. I'd love to have something like E2BMC UI's, with ARM that becomes a step closer as does a true 'one box' solution.
    i suspect it may never come to be honest, you simply do not need that kind of spec just to watch TV and every thing else the manufacturers tout as features like kodi are to be considered as extras.

As for ARM that's still very early days and E2 would need almost a full rewrite or better still a totally new OS. E2 was only really written for mips. Other chip manufacturers have tried and failed miserably to get in on the E2 scene.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Have to be honest IF I buy a new "4K toy" it will be when the competition have shipped boxes and we can see how stable they are.
    But I really don,t see any benefit of spending money on FBC and/or Unicable. Unicable I can see benefit for most people if they are installing new cabling, but I have seen nothing that proves that a Unicable LNB will do anything for me compared to a good quad/quattro LNB in my marginal signal area.... especially if splitters are introduced that downgrade the signal even more.
    Also with my current multiswitch I have more than enough recordable inputs at the moment, so FBC gives me no advantage what so ever

So I will not paying out good money for a niche expensive VU+, but a good quality old fashioned receiver like the HD51may be an option
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

roybach (19-09-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Have to be honest IF I buy a new "4K toy" it will be when the competition have shipped boxes and we can see how stable they are.
    But I really don,t see any benefit of spending money on FBC and/or Unicable. Unicable I can see benefit for most people if they are installing new cabling, but I have seen nothing that proves that a Unicable LNB will do anything for me compared to a good quad/quattro LNB in my marginal signal area.... especially if splitters are introduced that downgrade the signal even more.
    Also with my current multiswitch I have more than enough recordable inputs at the moment, so FBC gives me no advantage what so ever

So I will not paying out good money for a niche expensive VU+, but a good quality old fashioned receiver like the HD51may be an option
    lmao I hear that mate. I have two zone 2 sky dishes each with a octo lnb a 80 cm motorised dish with a twin lnb and a 1 meter dish with another octo lnb.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks

You are more of an old traditionalist guy then eh Twol.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    You are more of an old traditionalist guy then eh Twol.

Old Yes!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    hehe.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Laughing my farking arse off !!!. You mean to tell me you actually own a box other than that zgemma and cloud I box shite your always touting every where else ?.
    Yes i do, but it is not relevant. Everyone knows that Zgemma is a budget box. I am a fan your right. That dosn't make Zgemma the only box i use lol.
    Its is simple thinking really, everyone else has to get realistic with price to get a piece of the pie. No one else produces a 55 quid twin tuner, but there are now a lot more cheaper boxes now on the market then there was before Zgemma come along.
    Will we see a zgemma 4k quad FBC tuner with HDMI input and 5 inch lcd disply? Probably not lol

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jenseneverest For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (18-08-16)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts

Have to agree, am holding of a 4K box even though got a 4k telly as nothing appeals so far and unlikely to do so for some time. More importantly personally dont think there will be much in way of 4K content from the providers that you can view on these boxea

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast