Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ET8500 Newbie

Title
    Thanks

ET8500 Newbie

Morning All,

I will be receiving my ET8500 sometime tomorrow.
    I currently have a Zgemma H2H running both Sly and Virmin.
    and have a few questions as follows..

1/ If I back up my settings on the H2H to USB, (channel lists, LNB info, satellite info, CCcam file etc) are these transferable to the ET8500?
    2/ Will the unit record from two tuners whilst watching the third? (2 cable and one satellite tuner will be fitted)
    3/ Is OpenVIX natively supported for software updating or is it patched a la Zgemma?

Cheers

Kieron

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

ET8500 Newbie

Zgemma uses a hacked version of ViX. ViX do not offer any support for Zgemma receivers. Your Xtrend ET8500 will come preloaded with ViX 4.2.001 if you have gone for the ViX software to be installed option, and unfortunately that requires to be setup from scratch no settings or plugin restores allowed. Save your CCcam files to your computer and transfer back over when you have installed CCcam via plugins etc. Tuner configs are straightforward, as are channel lists if you use ABM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was planning on installing OpenATV, as that's what I'm used to on my H2H.
    I only asked about OpenVIX as my H2H can't update it OTA, whereas it can with OpenATV.
    Once OpenATV is installed would i be able to flash the settings from my H2H?
    Channel lists have been created with ABM and updated with DreamBoxEdit, i have them on my PC so can always transfer those over via ftp anyway.

Ta
    Kieron
    Last edited by thomaskierom; 15-08-16 at 12:43.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    and when you get the et up and running you might see what the difference is

dont advise taking anything from zgemma as things will be different.

Title
    Thanks

ET8500 Newbie

Start from scratch like cactikid says. You have your channel list saved and just save your CCcam files. Everything else setup as new. ViX far superior image imo. Why are doing your own channel list when you have something like ABM that does it all for you?

Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 15-08-16 at 12:46. Reason: Some typo's
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;413095]Why are doing your own channel list when you have something like ABM that does it all for you?

QUOTE]

Because I have a bit (actually quite a lot of) of OCD and have to have channels in the right order, and then foreign bouquets in a set order!
    Just personal preference!

Kieron

Title
    Thanks
    hehe, we all have some OCD in us. Thats fair enough as regards your channel lists etc.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    [QUOTE=thomaskierom;413098]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Why are doing your own channel list when you have something like ABM that does it all for you?

QUOTE]

Because I have a bit (actually quite a lot of) of OCD and have to have channels in the right order, and then foreign bouquets in a set order!
    Just personal preference!

Kieron
    I started out like you by managing all my channels (a mixture of UK and German) mainly because my German relatives expect everything in set order and in front of anything else.
    However, I now use a combination of ABM to create the basic lists for both UK and Germany and Echannelizer to do the final manipulation of Bouquets before writing out in one go to my receivers.

I have messed with most of the images over time but still find OpenViX the most complete image.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Seems there's a lot of love for OpenVix here. I've only used OpenATV due to having a Zgemma before opting to upgrade to the et8500.
    What are the fundamental differences between the two?

Kieron

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Best answer is try and see, if you have any questions then just ask although quite a few stickies on how to do what ever, including setting up (which you probably don,t need but useful to read).
    I believe that atv has ViX ancestry so you wouldn,t find it too difficult to transition

If you are into CI+ then OpenAtv is the only image I am aware of that supports it on various receivers (not all), and as you are probably aware it helps to understand German
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (15-08-16)