Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: CrossEPG error: No valid NIM found

Title
    Thanks

Question CrossEPG error: No valid NIM found

Hi there,
    I'm having an issue with CrossEPG - OpenTV Providers. I want to use the Sky Uk OpenTV as my EPG but I cannot get it to download. Neither the yellow button in the providers menu or the 'Download Now' option in the main menu works. I just keep getting the error 'No valid NIM found'. I have Sky UK OpenTV selected and nothing else. I have noticed though that there is only an option for Sky Uk OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2) yet all my channels seem to be pointing to 28.4 - is this why it's throwing up the error? And if so what is the solution? Tuner config info is below:

Receiver: Vu+ Duo
    OpenVix version: 4.1.016
    Skin: Blue-HD
    Epg Location: /media/usb

Tuner A: BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)
    Simple
    Single
    Astra/Eurobird (28.2E)

Tuner B: BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)
    Simple
    Single
    Astra/Eurobird (28.2E)

Alternatively, I am able to initiate the download of the EPG via the Rytec XMLTV Poviders option. However the download gets stuck on 'Parsing Events' and goes no further (I've let it run for as long as 15 minutes).

Anyone got any solutions? Thanks
    Last edited by 4tothefloor; 15-08-16 at 02:20.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Which providers have you ticked in openTV?

May be the 28.2/28.4 issue. Which channel list are you using?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Which providers have you ticked in openTV?
    Sky Uk OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)

May be the 28.2/28.4 issue. Which channel list are you using?
    I create my own bouquets and channel list, don't use any third party list. All my channels are 28.4E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If your tuner is set for 28.2, not sure how can you have channels for 28.4. Can you upload your lamedb file and also satellites.xml. You will find them in /etc/enigma2 and /etc/tuxbox, must be zipped for you to upload here.

In the mean time, have a look at the guide just in case you have done something you shouldn't have.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...k-with-ViX-3-0

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-2-Video-Guide

For downloading rytec's xmltv files, you may find the EPG importer plugin operates better than the functionality within crosseg downloader

Title
    Thanks
    EPG Importer has worked for me, just tried that, thanks

Tomorrow I will upload the lamedb and satellites.xml files, I still want to find the solution for CrossEPG.

Title
    Thanks
    If your tuner is set for 28.2, not sure how can you have channels for 28.4. Can you upload your lamedb file and also satellites.xml. You will find them in /etc/enigma2 and /etc/tuxbox, must be zipped for you to upload here.
    lamedb file and satellites.xml file attached now. FYI, there is a satellites.xml file in both my enigma2 and tuxbox folders. Both are attached. Thanks.
    Files.rar