Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS 5925 USB Tuner

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    You can't blindscan without loading driver.

Please be very clear what image you are using.

Please test on 4.2.006 Release.
    Hi Huevos,

Just to sum up I am using a Solo2 not a 4k, I used 4.2.006.002 (multistream) from your post and I downloaded the TBS driver after installing the image, this image kept crashing on blindscan and I downloaded the debug logs...then you asked me to test on the current version 4.2.005 not multistrem which I did, 4.2.005 was the latest version I could find on the downloads page and I presumed 4.2.005 was the latest release, that image did blindscan without a crash but didn't find any transponders, then I went back to .006 and tested again and it crashed again twice and I downloaded the 4 debug logs. I have just checked the remove plugins page and there is a driver called dvb-usb-tbs (1.0.r0) still installed.

Is there another version of 4.2.006 without multistream somewhere that I have missed?

Since updating I am having problems with recordings I can no longer recording 2 channels at the same time which I could do with 4.1, this is on 28.2 using 2 tuners in single satellite mode...I think this problem could be the method I am using to record which we can't talk about here, so I need to get that sorted before tonight or the better half will start yelling at me.

It could be a faulty TBS tuner and I will need to test it on my PC using a blindscan program or something in my setting so I think I need to start a fresh without reloading my channel list or any plugins apart from the TBS driver.

Kind regards,
    James.

Title
    Thanks
    The C band blindscan does not work in recent image versions with any tuner because the start-stop frequencies are figured wrong. This can be easily fixed by changing one line of code, or maybe by reorganizing a couple of code lines.

TBS5925 is interesting to blindscan in enigma2 because it will find about every transponder that EBS Pro and other computer programs find using the TBS5925. The problem with TBS5925 in enigma2 is the blindscan will find many duplicate transponders and the blindscan is extremely slow, in part due to the many duplicate transponders being found. Computer programs for the TBS5925 such as EBS Pro do not have these problems.

I modified the blindscan plugin found at OE Alliance Git to make C band blindscan work, and to add a couple more features for the TBS5925 device. A video is linked showing a blindscan demo.
    It is also interesting to see the ATSC drivers available in OpenVix, and ATSC tuners being recognized. Would like to be able to fully use these ATSC tuners one day.

These three transponders and channels can be tough to scan, but no problem for TBS5925. (Tuners C and H are connected to the same lnb in Signal Finder.)

Title
    Thanks
    Perhaps this is just me, but I've installed the 006 multistream images on my Duo2 and my Solo4K, and neither of them can then download plugins - such as, disappointingly, the TBS tuner driver. I've just repeated the process, reverting to the 003 image on my Duo2 and the plugin download list is then available as normal. Next, I flash the 006 multistream image, I execute a factory reset, I skip the restore options and configuration options except for LAN configuration, and go straight to the plugin browser and the Download plugins button - but after a pause, I get the message "There has been an error, please try again later..." I then install the 005 from the download feed, and plugins are available once again.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,965 Times in 3,281 Posts
    Arcy, you need to understand the download feed is nothing to do with the multistream image. Please do not use this. All you are doing is downloading a release image.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you, Huevos, but I tried the download feed only to verify that the plugin feed was accessible, since I'd been getting that error message all week while using the 006.002 images. The receivers don't see the TBS tuner when running the 006.002 image as it stands, so I assumed that the TBS driver needs to be installed. It doesn't appear in the "Remove plugins' list, which presumably means that it isn't included in the image; and yet I can't download plugins because I get that error message. I must have misunderstood something elementary.....

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The C band blindscan does not work in recent image versions with any tuner because the start-stop frequencies are figured wrong. This can be easily fixed by changing one line of code, or maybe by reorganizing a couple of code lines.
    Can you post your version to save me the trouble of fixing twice. Not sure who/when that broke. I wrote the C-band bit but not used it for a while.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

el bandido (24-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Your additions and work to the blindscan plugin have been appreciated! Seems the elif line below is all that is needed to fix C band.

def keyGo(self):
    elif (self.is_Ku_band_scan or self.is_user_defined_scan) or (not self.is_c_band_scan and not self.is_circular_band_scan):
    self.blindscan_start_frequency = self.blindscan_Ku_band_start_frequency
    self.blindscan_stop_frequency = self.blindscan_Ku_band_stop_frequency
    Or is there a better way that needs tested?

(Modified for TBS5925 blindscan plugin attached.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    What does "Symbol Rate(TBS5925)" do?

Any idea what "DVBS2BOX" is? And are those added commands going to break it?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

el bandido (25-09-16)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    @el bandito

I've edited your TBS mod so it doesn't show for other tuner types and also doesn't interfere with DVBS2BOX.

Please test.

Also please answer questions in post #68.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

el bandido (25-09-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The blindscan in 4.2.006 doesn't work for me even on the Solo2 internal tuners but it does on 4.2.005.

This was with a clean install, no channels list or plugins loaded, just the internet connected, and using a single internal tuner with a single satellite 45east. I have attached the debug log and a picture.
    Kind regards,
    James.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesjay For This Useful Post:

el bandido (25-09-16)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    That crash is because you haven't pulled the software update. And also you need to load the Blindscan plugin I attached above.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    @el bandito

I've edited your TBS mod so it doesn't show for other tuner types and also doesn't interfere with DVBS2BOX.

Please test.

Also please answer questions in post #68.
    Works Perfect, and C band Fixed! Thanks!
    Not 100% sure, but I think "DVBS2BOX" is another TBS product that is capable of blindscan? (I did not add or alter this.)

Also had blindscan crash in 4.2.006 multistream using both bands. Could not update on line for some reason, but will try again later.

I have not seen any difference when changing the TBS5925 symbol rate in blindscan. The step in MHZ makes a big difference, but the symbol rate does not seem to effect anything. Still testing this setting.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Ok, update the images later. If symbol_rate is doing nothing we are probably using it out of context. I'll just add step size for the time being.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

el bandido (25-09-16)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    By the way we are testing 4.2.006.006. Please check the about screen to check you are using the correct image before posting any bug reports.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast