Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS 5925 USB Tuner

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    we need to solve problems in transponder info.
    That is fixed.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I have VU+ duo 2 receiver and tbs5925.
    Use experimental Satdream gr image and work very well.
    Ready to try new OpenVix image.
    thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stone96 For This Useful Post:

maxben (15-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Guys, can I have a list of STBs you are using so I can get some test images built.

Also we need to know that the lamedb produced is compatible with settings editors before there is any chance of this being pushed to the release image.
    I will be glad to test TBS 5925 if needed from Atlanta, Ga. in Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Zero, and Edision OS Mini. I do not have any multistream to test here at this time.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    . .
    Last edited by Huevos; 15-09-16 at 23:46.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Interested in selling it if you don't really use it?
    Hi Huevos,

I was using it for feedhunting (mainly football for me and Badminton Super Series feeds for her on weekends) which was why she bought it for me, I now have CCcam working for footie and most of the badminton is on a YouTube feed, I had thought about selling it in the past but the idea got a bad response from the better-half that thinks if the badminton feeds go off YouTube...she won’t get her fix of badminton...she gets up at 4.30am to watch badminton in China and other parts of Asia.

I will let you know if she comes around.

Kind regards,

James.

Title
    Thanks
    I now have the multistream image openvix-4.2.004.001.multistream-20160908-0008-vusolo4k_usb running on my Solo4K, and it's doing everything except receive multistream channels. With the TBS plugin loaded, it installed the TBS5925 as Tuner K (incidentally bumping my Vu+ Turbo USB DVB-T2/C tuner off the system). Tuner K can now receive all the usual DVB-S/S2 transponders on four satellites, but sees no carrier at all when scanning multistream transponders on 5.0W. The same TBS5925 has been receiving multistream channels perfectly on a PC, from the same antenna system. So I'm wondering what essential step I've missed.

The attached screenshots show thaT (1) there's no lack of signal, and (2) that a busy multistream transponder doesn't show up at all. (The Gold PLS code for this transponder, off the bottom of the screen, is 50416).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I did an online update yesterday and I've just tried the same individual TP scan as you and it failed too, something seems to be broken.

If you put the a satellites.xml that has multistream parameters included into /ect/enigma2 a full satellite scan should work ok, at least it does here

I'm going to some more testing, i'll post again but in the mean time if you haven't already got one I attach an ms compatible satellites.xml
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So, I just reverted to a previous version 4.2.006.002 and multistream TP scan is ok.

It seems my version is higher than yours anyway so you should request newer version.

I just did the online update again and all is working as it should.

@Arcy it looks like you just need an updated image, or try an online update.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    The 4K image was the original one from a couple of weeks ago.

Latest images are here:
    Code:
    http://images.satellites-xml.org/multistream/
    Post feedback please.
    Last edited by Huevos; 17-09-16 at 20:28.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

el bandido (19-09-16),stone96 (17-09-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Today I did some experimenting with this tuner.

On my Solo 4k, so far my dish setup for this tuner has just been with a dedicated LNB on 5 west for the many multistream channels at that position.

There are other MS channels on other satellites too so I thought I would change around my setup.

Currently on sat input A I have Unicable II setup for 28.2 east.

On input B I have a diseqc switch with LNBs for 28.2e, 19.2e, 13e, 0.8w and a motorised dish driven by a vbox for all other satellites and it all works perfectly.

I decided to switch the above tuner B setup to the TBS which is tuner K as then it would allow me to tune multistream channels from other sats.

The good news is everything works the same as tuner B the bad news is it's all pretty slow, by that I mean the box UI slows down generally when on this tuner, on FTA channels zapping is not too bad but for crypted channels it takes quite a long to lock channels and decrypt.

I've read elsewhere that TBS will make new drivers in their own good time so I'm hoping they will improve the speed.

I'm unable to live with the slowness so in the meantime I've reverted to my previous setup.

@Huevos could you make an image for a Zero as out of curiosity I'd like to compare performance ?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

el bandido (19-09-16)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Test images for Vu Solo4K, Vu Solo2, Vu Duo2, Vu Zero, with active feeds.
    Code:
    http://images.satellites-xml.org/multistream/
    Last edited by Huevos; 19-09-16 at 12:08.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

el bandido (19-09-16),jamesjay (19-09-16),maxben (19-09-16),tenten78 (28-09-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So this morning I tested the TBS tuner on the Zero and after the experience on my 4k was surprised to find it's working absolutely perfectly but at the same time I'm disappointed that that my 4k doesn't perform the same considering the Zero CPU is half the speed of the 4k.

There is no slow down of the UI at all and channel zapping with either FTA or crypted channels is as fast as an inbuilt tuner !

@Huevos anything can be done with 4k do you think to improve performance ?

BTW, any of you other guys testing have any feedback ?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

el bandido (19-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Not much luck here, unfortunately. I've seen reports elsewhere about problems experienced by some TBS5925 users, where the tuner has randomly lost certain modes. I believe I've seen quite a lot of that over the past weekend. Normal DVB-S/S2 modes generally work -- but although I've long had multistream modes working on a Windows PC with DVBDream, the same tuner plugged into the Vu+ Solo4K generally can't see them at all. This evening, for example, I was able to scan multistream transponders on 5.0W, 11.509GHz H after entering the parameters manually in Signal finder, and they popped up in the Last Scanned list complete with programme details -- but clicking any of the channels produced just a black screen. This happened more than once. And now I'm finding that the PC can't resolve multistream channels either. I've tried reloading, rebooting, reinstalling drivers, changing the USB cable etc.

I've been using the .006 build today. The user interface still seems very slow for some operations - for example, if I add a new timer recording from the EPG, it takes about 30 seconds of the spinner for the entry to be added to the list.

I have a suspicion that there may be an intermittent on the 12V connector of my TBS5925, possibly causing drivers to become unset in the receiver; I'm hoping to investigate this as soon as I can find the right screwdriver. But that could be a separate fault. So I wonder where anyone else here has noticed hardware problems with the tuner. I also have a TBS6925, the PCI-E version, on another PC, and so far it has been behaving itself. But unfortunately these tuners are not cheap, and the manufacturer is far away.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Could someone advise me if after installing this test image I will need to start from scratch after installing the image, or can I still make a copy of my plugins, settings, and channel list to reinstall after installing the image, my build is 4.1.016 and I am presuming the only way to install this image on my VU solo2 is by USB which I have not done before.

Kind regards,
    James.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    You cannot do a settings/plugins restore when moving from 4.1 to 4.2, so you'll need to start from scratch.
    Take an image backup before you start, and then you can get back to 4.1 very easily if you need to.

You could always copy the test image into the folder you store images, and then couch flash it.
    Last edited by ccs; 20-09-16 at 11:20. Reason: Typo

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (20-09-16)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast