Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: TBS 5925 USB Tuner

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Huevos!

If possible, please build a fresh openvix version with multistream patch.

Thanks!

(For Xtrend ET8500 and other devices on http://images.satellites-xml.org/multistream/)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Should be in the next image released after 4.2.030.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry
    But no more support for multistream ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Previous images for multistream were test images, that test is now over and 4.2.030 is the last version of the 4.x.xxx series of images.

ViX 5 release is imminent which will support multistream out of the box for suitable hardware as Huevos states in the post above yours.

You need to visit the forum more often or you will miss interesting and important news

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks so much

Title
    Thanks

Tuner conflicts with TBS5925 USB

My TBS5925 USB tuner has been working well with Release 5 VIX images (currently 5.0.016) unless I try to set overlapping recordings on the TBS and one of the other tuners, whereupon VIX detects a tuner conflict.

In my setup, Tuners A to H are the FBC tuner, on 28.2E; Tuner I connects to several LNBs via DiSEqC; Tuner J is equal to I; and Tuner K is the TBS tuner, also connected to several LNBs via DiSEqC. I've left the tuner priorities on Auto except for the 5.0W and 12.5W LNBs on Tuner K, for which I've reduced the priority to make sure that it remains available for multistream transponders and is less likely to be commandeered for something else.

If I try to program a recording from the EPG on, say, 28.2E (the FBC tuner) during a period when another recording is programmed on the TBS tuner (or vice versa), I get a timer sanity error (see screen grab attached). But if I am simply viewing something on the TBS tuner, the receiver will record from 28.2E simultaneously without complaining. The same seemed to happen when I had the TBS tuner connected to my Vu+ Duo2, but I didn't really have time to investigate it.

I've noticed also that when either of these receivers has the TBS tuner connected to it, there are several seconds of spinner activity between pressing OK on a Timer Entry window and the window actually closing (this is when there's no 'conflict'). It's as if it's struggling to find a conflict but eventually decides that there isn't one. Without the TBS tuner, the window closes instantly.

Have I missed some important point in configuring this tuner?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Drivers for TBS are crap on every box. Lots of spinner and delayss. No idea on the timer conflixt.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Arcy (11-06-17)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213