Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: genneral question before buying 8500

Title
    Thanks

genneral question before buying 8500

I'm caught in a little dilemma as I need to decide between ET8500 or VU SOLO SE V2, all I want is a good PVR that will allow freeview HD recordings to be exported out as .ts files and use on other devices when required.

For the ET8500:

a) Can it record 2 different channels at the same time?

b) when recoding freeview channels can the recorded HD channesl like BBC 1 for example be exported edt as .TS file to an external hardrive so it can be played on other devices? Is the HD file decrypted as these cannot be done on other PVR recivers?

c) Will it puck up BBC red button services or at lest scan them in? Especially when sporting events are on?

d) will it support catch tv services similar to YouView?

e) What is the max harddisk size that can be connected fro PVR recording and dose it have to be powered or not?

f) I Only have 1 areal and cable coming off the wall socket so how to I connect this up if the tuner has multiple input connectiosn form its multiple tunners?
    so do I connect to ariel input tunner one then use loop out/loop thro to to input of tunner 2 and so on and the last connection will be to input areil connection of my tv?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    A) Yes provided you purchase the twin hybrid model. Assuming Terrestrial as you've stated 'Freeview'.
    B) No its not encrypted and you can watch on other devices. Format is .ts.
    C) Not sure to never used or needed.
    D) No. No E2 receiver can do this.
    E) Internal 2.5" SATA HDD, I used 1TB. 2TB 7mm should be fine.
    F) Connect your feed to Tuner A, then use a loop cable from A to B should be fine. Then use loop out of Tuner B to TV if needed.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    A) Yes provided you purchase the twin hybrid model. Assuming Terrestrial as you've stated 'Freeview'.
    B) No its not encrypted and you can watch on other devices. Format is .ts.
    C) Not sure to never used or needed.
    D) No. No E2 receiver can do this.
    E) Internal 2.5" SATA HDD, I used 1TB. 2TB 7mm should be fine.
    F) Connect your feed to Tuner A, then use a loop cable from A to B should be fine. Then use loop out of Tuner B to TV if needed.
    Thanks -
    1. I have had the device for 2 days, still tinkering with it in terms of trying to find out the difference between standby and deep standby. Noted recording only occurs during on or stand by not deep stand by.This means the unit has to be left ion stand by when away and recordings are scheduled.

2. Also noticed that when in standby the front display will not indicate its recording