Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Openvix Crash Log

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Openvix Crash Log

Hi, All.

Having a few problems again with my Vu+ Duo 2

I have had previously issues with the power in terms of rebooting / restarting the box and got in touch with vu directly who advised latest build of openvix not fully supported with the turbo dvb-c/t tuner, and also to recommend an attenuator on the feed.

i followed the instruction and the power issue appears to be ok.

the main issue i had was putting the box in standby, it was freezing after 3 mins and front dual displays also frozen and only way to get back on was to insert usb recovery into front as when powered off and back on from rocker switch was getting stuck on 'double' showing on vfd screen

i can now put into standby without freeze but only if box is put to standby from a cable channel; if i put into standby whilst watching a sat channel it still does tend to freeze after a few mins, but i have half resolved this part.

the other issue now is that occasionally the box is crashing when trying to switch between cable and satellite bouquet, either from the full screen epg, number zap, history zap or openwebif

only way to work around this issue is to take similar steps to the standby issue, switched off by rocker on back and back on but freezes on 'double' showing on vfd screen after 'cfe v2' is shown

only way to get it running again is by pressing and holding the power button on the remote until the box shuts down completely and back on

after restart i am then able to switch to cable channel, however if i then switch back to a sat channel, and attempt to go back to cable, it freezes again!

just an infinite pain in the rear end loop!!

just as a side note, i have already tried re-flashing, twice in fact!

i did also re install the bootloader cfe v2 from the vuplus website

i've uploaded 3 crash logs, 04-08-2016 shows 'fatal signal' something or other and the others show errors around abm

i did also try removing sat abm channels and using an additional bouquets maker called autobouquets e2 so that i could scan in cable using abm and sat using autobouquets e2, however this didn't work!

any help around this, much appreciated

i'm running latest version of openvix

thanksenigma2_crash_2016-08-04_21-05-00.logenigma2_crash_2016-08-06_23-59-22.logenigma2_crash_2016-08-07_00-50-11.log
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,163 Times in 6,238 Posts
    Which softcam are you using?
    Have you enabled automatic time shift?

Sent from my XT1032 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Which softcam are you using?
    Have you enabled automatic time shift?

i am using cccam 2.3.0 from the plugin menu on openvix

timeshift is disabled

i checked my flash memory too as i read somewhere that small amounts of free space can create problems, but it has over half it's flash memory unused

to make it even better i transferred picons and epg data over to usb stick that i've plugged into the back
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grantdavey91 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,163 Times in 6,238 Posts
    Try oscam. Pretty sure other Vu Turbo tuner users said it worked better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (08-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Try oscam. Pretty sure other Vu Turbo tuner users said it worked better.

I have tried oscam 1.20 before on this box, but still has the same issue

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Any other suggestions?

It's really racking my brain now.

If I'm on Sat channel I can't switch to cable channel without constant spinner on top left of screen need to then switch off by pressing and holding power until reboots then it works but if then change back to sat and attempt to cable again, spinner comes back on and is in a loop

Really hoping the next version of Openvix is better with turbo tuner

I've since tried installing the latest oscam from their official site but it doesn't want to run
    I've had oscam running before and have all the necessary files in tuxbox config but when I press green to start it doesn't start but then cccam starts automatically

Note to mods/admins I speak of cam talk in free to air channels only.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    arggh! it just crashed again. i opened epg and pressed ch - to go to next lot of channels in epg and it froze and restarted!

im just a little worried that if it keeps doing it it might bugger the power supply

uploaded >enigma2_crash_2016-08-10_19-00-37.log

any help appreciated please

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Oscam latest from the feeds is what you could try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    And your Vu+ Duo2 works fine without the Vu+ Turbo?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Oscam latest from the feeds is what you could try.

i have already tried this Andy, i have tried oscam latest from the feeds v1.20 svn11225-r1 and also tried the pcsd one thats in there

they both worked (tried them individually of course) but the problems still there so i have reverted back to cccam 2.3.0

does the crash log indicate that the faults at cccam then?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    No the fault lies with the Vu+ Turbo tuner. I would have personally took the offer up with WoS and swapped the Turbo tuner and the single DVB-S2 tuner and swapped for the twin Cable tuner.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    And your Vu+ Duo2 works fine without the Vu+ Turbo?

yes it seems to work absolutely fine without the turbo tuner.

when first installed the turbo i was having issues around the power, standby and restarting of the box, i managed to work around this by keeping the box on a dvb-c channel when putting into standby, but when i am in a sat channel i can't switch over to a dvb-c channel without it freezing

if i place into standby whilst in sat channel, box feeezes after 3 mins

i can put up with this until the next version of openvix but i am getting quite frustrated with the issue now with it keep crashing on me when opening/viewing epg in dvb-c

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No the fault lies with the Vu+ Turbo tuner. I would have personally took the offer up with WoS and swapped the Turbo tuner and the single DVB-S2 tuner and swapped for the twin Cable tuner.

i thought so :/ i was thinking about this but was also advised the next release of openvix will more than likely sort out the problem

i know its not all to do with vu+ itself but do find it quite frustrating that the box and tuner are made by exactly the same company yet they do not work well together

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as already mentioned in other treads the tuner with original image from VU+ works fine.Also with BH (witch is based on original image) .
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    as already mentioned in other treads the tuner with original image from VU+ works fine.Also with BH (witch is based on original image) .
    thank you for clarifying this, i don't mean to sound rude, and i do appreciate all suggestions but i am asking for support around openvix, i looked at bh and didn't like the gui, this entire website is based around openvix support so am asking for the support around vix

anything is possible, its just a matter of trial and error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast