Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Openvix Crash Log

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I think you will have more hassle than its worth with the Vu+ Turbo tuner. I would ask WoS and see if the offer still stands as you have tried all the available options. Stef is a reasonable guy and if he does let you swap for the internal cable tuner, snatch his hands off! The Vu+ Duo2 is an excellent receiver, just the Vu+ Turbo tuner, and to be fair has had issues since day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (10-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No problem.Hopefully there is a solution in vix in the future.Gui is a personal taste.Lukely in Belgium we do not have that problem because only 2 channels are on dvb-t.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (10-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I think you will have more hassle than its worth with the Vu+ Turbo tuner. I would ask WoS and see if the offer still stands as you have tried all the available options. Stef is a reasonable guy and if he does let you swap for the internal cable tuner, snatch his hands off! The Vu+ Duo2 is an excellent receiver, just the Vu+ Turbo tuner, and to be fair has had issues since day one.

you read my mind Andy, literally just sent an email back to them 10 minutes ago!

just means i will need to sacrifice my single dvb-s tuner currently set up as tuner c, bit of a pain as i just last week ran another feed from my dish to it to record up to 2 ch and watch another, but to be fair i don't tend to record much anyway so with tuners a and b with sat i can still watch 1 whilst recording another

and i assume that with the hybrid twin dvb-c/t internal i would also be able to record one dvb-c whilst watching another.

may seem a little stupid of me to ask, but with the twin dvb-c/t internal here
    HTML Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuner-modules/VU-Plus-Tuners/VU-vuplus-dvb-t-t2-c-hybrid-dual-twin-tuner-module
    i know that the rf in is where i plugin the cable feed, but what is the rf out connection for?

would this be for dvb-t freeview?

thanks
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    No problem.Hopefully there is a solution in vix in the future.Gui is a personal taste.Lukely in Belgium we do not have that problem because only 2 channels are on dvb-t.
    just going to try swapping the turbo for the internal and paying the difference, had enough issues with it lol
    thanks
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update spoken to WoS and I have been permitted to swap the turbo for the internal hybrid one and pay the difference in price, sending it back later

I assume with the internal it is literally a case of taking the dvb-s module out and replacing with the new one and then just switching back on and plug and play? No drivers to install?

And because it's a hybrid will this allow one cable feed in to allow me to watch one channel whilst recording another?

Sounds pretty straight forward but I'm a little worries about opening up the receiver in case of potential damage to other components

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    hybrid = choose between DVB-C and DVB-T/T2. You can only use one mode at a time.

To be able to record from more than one frequency/transponder, you need a twin tuner.

N.B:
    The Vu twin hybrid tuner has only one wire connection. It has an inbuilt splitter.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 11-08-16 at 10:41. Reason: one mode at a time

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (11-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    hybrid = choose between DVB-C and DVB-T/T2. You can only use one mode at a time.

To be able to record from more than one frequency/transponder, you need a twin tuner.

N.B:
    The Vu twin hybrid tuner has only one wire connection. It has an inbuilt splitter.

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

So one the tuner it has an in connection and an out, the in I am guessing I will plug the cable feed into but what can the out be used for?

If it has a built in Splitter does that mean I can record one whilst watching another with one sat feed in?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Yes to everything you've said.
    Glad you got it sorted in the end. All you need to remember when you install the new Hybrid cable tuner is to configure it in your tuner config setup. No need to insert your Net ID there, Net ID only needs to be entered in your ABM providers list.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (11-08-16),grantdavey91 (11-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Yes to everything you've said.
    Glad you got it sorted in the end. All you need to remember when you install the new Hybrid cable tuner is to configure it in your tuner config setup. No need to insert your Net ID there, Net ID only needs to be entered in your ABM providers list.

Thanks Andy, all I needed to know except what will the bottom connection be used for on the tuner?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

Openvix Crash Log

it is for daisy chaining to another device. For example, you could have two tuner modules (DVB-C/DVB-T/Hybrid). The signal wire would go into the input. You would then connect the loop wire so signal goes out of tuner. You then connect the loop wire into the input of other tuner.

if you are not going to do so, don't worry about it.

There is a stuck thread in guide section about splitting/looping for DVB-C and DVB-T.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (11-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    it is for daisy chaining to another device. For example, you could have two tuner modules (DVB-C/DVB-T/Hybrid). The signal wire would go into the input. You would then connect the loop wire so signal goes out of tuner. You then connect the loop wire into the input of other tuner.

if you are not going to do so, don't worry about it.

There is a stuck thread in guide section about splitting/looping for DVB-C and DVB-T.

Ahh thank you abu really sorry I feel quite stupid now this has actually been explained to me before but this was regarding satellite opposed to cable I should've know they'd be for the same use lol

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok so i realise it's been what seems quite a while since my last post on this thread but up until today I hadn't got round to sorting this out

I sent back the turbo tuner just over a week ago, and was supposed to have the internal tuner the next day however there was a few faults with shipping and stock and long story short the delivery for the tuner was attempted yesterday

Unfortunately I was out so I missed it and was sent to the RM delivery office !!

Luckily for me my sorting office in my area is open on a Sunday so I collected it this morning and installed it a few hours ago

I was a bit worried about opening up the duo2 so I only did what I needed to and didn't do much as touch anything else!

I've installed the tuner and put box back together, then decided to flash the latest openvix and start afresh

Drum roll....

I am happy to say, no problems whatsoever!!

Box is as fast as ever with switching between cable and satellites and no longer does it freeze

It also stays in standby without freezing

So all I can learn from this experience i guess is stick with internal! - Good riddance to the turbo tuner, had nothing but headaches with it

I've reflashed and downloaded picons/plugins/skin exactly the same setup as before and it works a treat

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grantdavey91 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (21-08-16),cactikid (21-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Glad you got sorted in the end.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (21-08-16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12