Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Duo 2 PowerRestart

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    found on several other websites that it is a compatibility problem with openxxx images.The combination seems to work fine on BH .Maybe try once with one off these images.Unfortunatly you will not have the advantages of openvix.
    It's possible but I've only ever used Openvix - is bh similar gui?
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    What cam are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oscam 1.20 from the feeds
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Also with your setup, do you have 3 satellite feeds coming into your room going into Tuner A, Tuner B and Tuner C?

At the moment I just have two feeds coming in and plugged to tuner a and tuner b

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    on all other websites even with blank image there are problems.Just google on blackhole and you will see the images off the interface and image.I do not need it because I do not use dvb t or c tuners.In Belgium there is only 2 channels on dvb-t.Every one has a differant taste according to images.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Personally, because you are only using Tuners A and B, I would whip out the 3rd Single satellite Tuner and replace by this >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...n-tuner-module and sell the single satellite tuner and Vu+ turbo tuner. OpenViX is by far the best image available, don't even bother tarnishing your good receiver by installing Blackhole, an horrible image it is. Yuk Yuk.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    on all other websites even with blank image there are problems.Just google on blackhole and you will see the images off the interface and image.I do not need it because I do not use dvb t or c tuners.In Belgium there is only 2 channels on dvb-t.Every one has a differant taste according to images.
    thanks i will take a look

so when you say even with blank image there are problems, even if i use bh there will still be issues with the tuner making my box freeze up like it is at the moment?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Personally, because you are only using Tuners A and B, I would whip out the 3rd Single satellite Tuner and replace by this >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...n-tuner-module and sell the single satellite tuner and Vu+ turbo tuner. OpenViX is by far the best image available, don't even bother tarnishing your good receiver by installing Blackhole, an horrible image it is. Yuk Yuk.

thanks i was thinking about doing this, although at this point in time wouldn't be able to fork out another £70 as i've just forked out £50 on the usb tuner, as well as a few quid for the cables, connectors, splitters etc

do you think wos shop may accept a return as i only bought it last week?

i agree, i am familiar with openvix and haven;t had experience with bh or others but have heard they are not that great, and not even half as good as vix

silly to ask but becuase the usb tuner makes problems, will this not mean by removing the single dvb-s tuner and replacing with the twin dvb-c/t, that i will have the same problems? or other problems?

Title
    Thanks

Vu+ Duo 2 PowerRestart

I would fire them an email and tell them you are disappointed with the turbo tuner. Loads of people have had issues and I would ask the question about a refund and swap for the Dual Cable/Terrestrial tuner I posted previously.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    You will be fine with the Twin Satellite and Twin Cable setup if you went that route. Its the drivers for the Vu+ Turbo tuner thats the issue here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (02-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would fire them an email and tell them you are disappointed with the turbo tuner. Loads of people have had issues and I would ask the question about a refund and swap for the Dual Cable/Terrestrial tuner I posted previously.

thank you i will give it a go.

i've been looking further into the issue as to why there are compatibility issues, and i found these:

HTML Code:
    https://github.com/vu-plus/meta-vuplus/tree/master/recipes-bsp/drivers
    HTML Code:
    http://code.vuplus.com/gitweb/?p=vuplus_openvuplus;a=commit;h=51195eb587fcc3dc1289af8680c47bda78711080
    it seems there has been an update in the drivers to v 3.xx however the version available from the plugin feed is only 1.0

not sure if i can be bothered to potentially crash the whole box again though :/ and i wouldn't know how to install from the sources mentioned above as they are not straightforward ipk files

i think the best bet may be to just email wos shop and see if i can return, and go for the internal dvb-c/t and hope it doesn't cause any issues.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    To be fair BH is not a bad image it's just different. I'm sure if you went onto their forum many users would advise to avoid ViX in favor of their own image.

The real problem here is that ViX and all other OEA / PLI images are essentially thirdparty works. Where both BH and VTI are based directly on Vu+'s OI. So their images tend to work with no extra tweaks needed where ViX etc need patches to compensate for the terrible drivers etc released by Vu+.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    To be fair BH is not a bad image it's just different. I'm sure if you went onto their forum many users would advise to avoid ViX in favor of their own image.

The real problem here is that ViX and all other OEA / PLI images are essentially thirdparty works. Where both BH and VTI are based directly on Vu+'s OI. So their images tend to work with no extra tweaks needed where ViX etc need patches to compensate for the terrible drivers etc released by Vu+.

thanks im not ruling anything out i am looking into all possibilities, i would like to just get the usb tuner to work with my current setup; it does play cable channels but when i place the box n standby it seems to freeze the box, and restarting by the rocker switch gets stuck unless i plug a recovery into the front usb each time.

i think easiest option for resolution as Andy has pointed out is to purchase the twin internal tuner, remove my single dvb-s tuner and replace it with the dvb-t twin; i just hope by doing that it doesn't conclude the same problems or similiar.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Don't quote me on this as I have been out of the satellite game for a while so my info may be out of date. But as far as I can recall there has always been a issue with the Vu+ turbo tuner on none Vu OI or Vu OI based images due to drivers. Another classic fcuk up by Vu who frankly don't give two shits about you as a customer.

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Don't quote me on this as I have been out of the satellite game for a while so my info may be out of date. But as far as I can recall there has always been a issue with the Vu+ turbo tuner on none Vu OI or Vu OI based images due to drivers. Another classic fcuk up by Vu who frankly don't give two shits about you as a customer.

well that's not a very good way to make business; as expensive as their boxes are they really should put the heart at keeping the firmware and drivers up to date with constant improvements

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Vu have always been sketchy when it comes to drivers and fixing issues. When I was a member of ViX we routinely submitted bug reports back to Vu and rarely had replies back. Some bugs which were reported on the original Duo some 4 to 5 years ago still have not been aknowleged never mind fixed. We even threatened to pull support for their boxes numerous times just to light a fire under their arses and get their shit in order. A lot of people may sing Vu's praises but I know first hand how poor their support really can be and often is.

SIMPLES.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast