Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vu+ Duo 2 PowerRestart

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    If it is indeed a signal issue it just reaffirms how rubbish the USB tuner really is. But to be 100 percent sure backup your current image and flash BH or VTI and see if it works in their images. If it does then it's not a signal issue but a driver related one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    my intentions exactly, going to give it a whirl tonight - is very frustrating if is a problem with the tuner though, not like its just a few quid cheap tuner, think it was quite overpriced actually; obviously not the fault of wos shop as £50 is what the rrp at and wos shop selling for £49 but do think this is a bit expensive anyway even if it worked perfectly without issues; would understand price as fairer if usb turbo was a dual tuner but it's not; only switchable; and only 1 input
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I .... am ....

.... sooooo .....

HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

the past few days have been an absolute nightmare, but fingers crossed this time it will be okay!!

I am using the attenuator for cable use, and reduced the agc, and hey presto!

left box in standby for 10+ mins, absolutely fine

was always freezing around the 3 minute mark

seems to be absolutely fine restarting gui and rebooting too

I am still using the latest VIX image

Now I really do not want to make any major setting adjustments or changes to the current setup for a good while!

so after nearly 80 posts, which i really appreciate from all of you, honestly thank you all so much for your input it has helped me out a lot!!

IF YOU HAVE VU+ USB TURBO TUNER BUY AN ATTENUATOR!! mine is 0-20db bought from maplin but can also buy them on amazon and eBay

cost less than £5 and obviously totally worth it.

such a relief, can relax, stop panicking and breathe now!
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grantdavey91 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (04-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Glad it is working for you, but as someone who has had a Duo2 replaced under warranty I will tell you it could be the hardware, mine started with random lock ups , freezes and reboots, till the box would not boot, flash or produce a serial port dump.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Glad it is working for you, but as someone who has had a Duo2 replaced under warranty I will tell you it could be the hardware, mine started with random lock ups , freezes and reboots, till the box would not boot, flash or produce a serial port dump.
    Thanks for the info, I have contacted Vuplus directly and they asked for my serial number but I've not had a reply yet

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    everyone hakking on VU but the boxes (and addons) are working fine with there own images and images based on there drivers (kernel) .Can you then blame a constructor to not change things for everyone making his own images ? If all constructors needed to do that then boxes would cost 10 times what we are paying today.It is up to developers from images to make things work .Just a remark and having great respect for those developers and who do so. I could not do it actually cause i am a windows grown up.
    PS: happy to be on openvix cause there all bugs are taken in order and solutions are being made today (or tomorrow as dr honnybunch muppet says )
    That's the whole point. In fact the point that I'm pissed about at VU.
    VU hackes around in E2 to make their boxes work, even with all kinds of flaws in their drivers. And they can, as they only have to support their own boxes. The same applies to VTi & BH who sinply use VU's hacked images, stuff some plugins in and call it a day.
    On the other hand all teams that support more than only one brand will have to work with a generic, clean coded E2. They don't have the option, even if they would want to, which is highly questionable, to work around driver bugs. This is the real problem with VU: they don't fix drivers, they hack around drivers in E2. And on top of that they use an ancient copy of DM's E2.
    So far I haven't seen any contribution of VU (or from any other manufacturer) to the E2 world, to the open community. All they do, and all they want to do, is to sell as many boxes as possible with as little as possible software development.
    And let's face it: where most companies have to develop their firmware completely by themselves, all E2-STB manufacturers have to do is to develop and provide decent drivers, so existing E2 can be used. And clearly even that is asked too much

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grantdavey91 View Post
    really confused, by installing the cache flush and swapfile it seemed to fix the problem though?
    If that is really the case, there must be a memory leak in the (turbo?) drivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    That's the whole point. In fact the point that I'm pissed about at VU.
    VU hackes around in E2 to make their boxes work, even with all kinds of flaws in their drivers. And they can, as they only have to support their own boxes. The same applies to VTi & BH who sinply use VU's hacked images, stuff some plugins in and call it a day.
    On the other hand all teams that support more than only one brand will have to work with a generic, clean coded E2. They don't have the option, even if they would want to, which is highly questionable, to work around driver bugs. This is the real problem with VU: they don't fix drivers, they hack around drivers in E2. And on top of that they use an ancient copy of DM's E2.
    So far I haven't seen any contribution of VU (or from any other manufacturer) to the E2 world, to the open community. All they do, and all they want to do, is to sell as many boxes as possible with as little as possible software development.
    And let's face it: where most companies have to develop their firmware completely by themselves, all E2-STB manufacturers have to do is to develop and provide decent drivers, so existing E2 can be used. And clearly even that is asked too much
    Can only agree with you Rob. They are spoilt by the image teams and enthusiasts, who for example have had to show a lot skill, patience and money to get the Vu+ 4K working, a receiver that was obviously shipped well before it was really ready for the real world - in fact they use their customers as a development centre - fine as long as those customers are aware and they are not paying top price for such a ß box.

P.S_: XTA in test!!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    If that is really the case, there must be a memory leak in the (turbo?) drivers.
    Thanks but if there is a memory leak I would not know how to fix the memory leak, however box seems absolutely fine now so I don't want to mess with it further

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grantdavey91 View Post
    Thanks but if there is a memory leak I would not know how to fix the memory leak, however box seems absolutely fine now so I don't want to mess with it further

If there was a memory leak there would be nothing what so ever you could do about it. It's only fixable by the manufacturer them selves as their drivers are not open source.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (04-08-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Indeed .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (04-08-16)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456