Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Duo 2 PowerRestart

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Vu+ Duo 2 PowerRestart

I have not long had my duo2 but when i update settings or files and restart, it never comes back on, i have to switch off the box from the back and then switch back on for it to work.

standby power is ok, however if i choose reboot/restart or restart gui, it either gets stuck on the openvix loading screen on or stuck on the 'the user interface of you vu+ duo2 is restarting'

how can i fix this problem please? i really do not want to reflash everything

many thanks
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You must be doing something wrong as all my Vu+ boxes restart, rest gui absolutely fine. I would personally flash with the latest image (4.1.016) and setup as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    You must be doing something wrong as all my Vu+ boxes restart, rest gui absolutely fine. I would personally flash with the latest image (4.1.016) and setup as new.

thanks for your reply.

i did try to see where the problem was, i have read other posts around the same or similar issue; i don't have many plugins installed; there is still 3/4 of the flash memory free but not sure what has changed the past few days

it seemed to be fine before i installed the usb turbo tuner driver, since installing it won't restart without having to switch off manually and back on

it may be the driver problem but i can't uninstall as i am using for cable channels.

may just have to when i have a day free just reflash everything

thanks
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I keep reading lots of niggles of people who have the turbo tuner...
    The duo2 can take an age to reboot if it is negotiating with or struggling to log off from a network mount.
    Do you have any mounts?
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    I keep reading lots of niggles of people who have the turbo tuner...
    The duo2 can take an age to reboot if it is negotiating with or struggling to log off from a network mount.
    Do you have any mounts?
    well i am guessing the problem lies in the usb tuner as my box restarted absolutely fine beforehand;

i don't have any network mounts set up but I do have an internal hdd as well as a self powered external hard drive plugged into the back via usb

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i've looked into this some more, and i am not able to find automounts.xml file in etc/enigma2 - could this be the problem? i am leaning on thinking my box is not restarting or rebooting correctly due to mounts and on another post someone suggested checking automounts.xml in etc/enigma2 but i don't have this file.

i have a second box that i use in another room and checked this box, it is in that one

could this be the issue?

if so, is there a default automounts.xml file downloadable to place in the etc/enigma2?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grantdavey91 View Post
    i've looked into this some more, and i am not able to find automounts.xml file in etc/enigma2 - could this be the problem? i am leaning on thinking my box is not restarting or rebooting correctly due to mounts and on another post someone suggested checking automounts.xml in etc/enigma2 but i don't have this file.

i have a second box that i use in another room and checked this box, it is in that one

could this be the issue?

if so, is there a default automounts.xml file downloadable to place in the etc/enigma2?
    update : i decided to start from scratch and reflash; reason being because when i put the box in standby last night and i got up this morning, the time on the front said 23:19 from the night before, when i tried to turn it on, it didn't work, so i switched off by rocker switch, switched back on, and was stuck on 'double your expectation' on the vfd screen;

wouldn't let me into the gui so i reflashed via usb the latest openvix and reloaded everything, also formatted my internall hdd in case there were any corrupt files in there

seems to be okay now. only took 3 hours!!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Now you have it set up to your liking it is always a good idea to go to Blue Button>Vix>Image Manager>New backup and perform a full image backup. That way, you can easily get back up and running again if you mess things up.

Not a bad idea to drag a copy of the image backup over to your Pc too, just in case you have a disk failure.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clabs For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (01-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clabs View Post
    Now you have it set up to your liking it is always a good idea to go to Blue Button>Vix>Image Manager>New backup and perform a full image backup. That way, you can easily get back up and running again if you mess things up.

Not a bad idea to drag a copy of the image backup over to your Pc too, just in case you have a disk failure.
    Excellent piece if advice right here! thank you very much I'll do just that

11. The Following User Says Thank You to grantdavey91 For This Useful Post:

Clabs (01-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Morning, all.

I'm afraid there is still a problem.

As mentioned in previous posts I completely factory reset the box and formatted and reinitialised the internal hdd so that I ensured I had a completely fresh install.

I reflashed to the latest Openvix last night as over the past few days I have discovered power and restart issues with the box.

I spent the best part of 3-4 hours redoing the entire box yesterday but I just got up this morning to find that the screens on the box (vfd and LCD) had not changed since putting the box in standby last night.

At 6am this morning the box was showing a time of 21:47 of the night before.

I switched the TV on and pressed power on the remote, the box was unresponsive.

I switched off using the rocker switch on the back, and when I turned it back on,
    LCD was blank and the vfd only loaded 'double' on the screen

It's supposed to say 'double your expectation' then change to 'cfe v2' then LCD loads and finally Openvix loads etc

It would not start, just stuck on 'double'

I then unplugged the ext hdd and USB tuner from the back, plugged in the USB from yesterday with latest Openvix on the front, switched off using rocker and back on,
    Then boot asked for update

I waited, and it did boot and am able to watch TV again

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Box entirely reflashed but now I can't even put the box into standby for the night without having problems

At nearly half a grand for the box which is not even that old since purchase I would like to be able to use the standby function

Any help would be great!

I'm at work this morning so I may be a little slow in reply

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by grantdavey91; 02-08-16 at 06:56.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Why do you have an external hdd if you have an internal one?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Thread will be moved to Duo2 section instead of Duo.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    did you connect your external hdd again? HDD with external power supply?

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Why do you have an external hdd if you have an internal one?

My internal drive is used for recordings

My external drive is my movies / music etc

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Thread will be moved to Duo2 section instead of Duo.
    Apologies for that, many thanks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast