Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Picon Problem

Title
    Thanks

Picon Problem

I am trying load Picons from my computer to my duo2 using OpenVix 4.1. Picon are unzipped I have set up FileZilla but can not see a picon folder even when picon is put at the end of enigma2.20160720_174947_resized.jpg. Any ideas. I have done the picons before using openATV 5.1 and is was fine.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There is no picon folder by default. You have to create/transfer one.
    By the way, folder must be called "picon", not "Picon"

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Just transfer the folder across

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for that. How do I transfer the folder across and should the picon folder be empty or have the picons in the folder.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just literally hold down the left mouse button to click and drag into the right section where you have already opened the location usr/share/enigma2

once dragged over to the right let go of the mouse and the files will transfer.

drag the whole picon folder over with the files inside it, just make sure they are transferred into user/share/enigma2 and not inside another folder in the same directory; so when complete the path of your picons will be user/share/enigma2/picon

once that's complete, reboot your box by going to menu > standby/restart/reboot or restart gui
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    on duo 2 put the folder in root otherwise your HDD will spin permanently for accessing the picon directory.Place enough there.Just keep a backup for when you do a full flash in the future so you can ftp them again.I use DCC 1.41 for ftp.Works fine and easy for all commando's.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    on duo 2 put the folder in root otherwise your HDD will spin permanently for accessing the picon directory.Place enough there.Just keep a backup for when you do a full flash in the future so you can ftp them again.I use DCC 1.41 for ftp.Works fine and easy for all commando's.
    or a usb stick to keep the flash memory free as possible i've found the box runs smoother and quicker with minimal files on the flash
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    more than space enough in duo2 .Practically 1 M free after image and picons.Only EPG is on usb for keeping it when box need rebooting.When on usb you have advantage not to need a retransfer after reflash.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for that. Do I drag it over to the bottom right box which says Filename.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, or in the box above. Remote site in the folder that say enigma2.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes,just drag where you want the directory and reboot box.