Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vu+ Duo2 Boot Time

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Rob

Thanks for the info (I don't know how to refer back to previous messages...Is there a guide somewhere..?)

I tried deleting spurious entries from \\VUDUO2\Root\etc\enigma2\automounts.xml but they just re-appeared again after a network scan..

\\VUDUO2\Root\etc\auto.network however has over 2000 entries in it...Should there be..?
    Is this a logfile or a control file...Is it OK to delete entries from it..?

Mark

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MPEGMAN View Post
    Thanks for the info (I don't know how to refer back to previous messages...Is there a guide somewhere..?)
    Just hit the 'reply with quote' button

I tried deleting spurious entries from \\VUDUO2\Root\etc\enigma2\automounts.xml but they just re-appeared again after a network scan..
    Make sure to stop E2 (telnet 'init 4') before manually editiing files. As all the information is kept in RAM the files will be overwritten again with the original contents if E2 is alive.

\\VUDUO2\Root\etc\auto.network however has over 2000 entries in it...Should there be..?
    Is this a logfile or a control file...Is it OK to delete entries from it..?
    That most certainly is not OK. No idea how all that got in there, but you'd better delete them all. Best do it manually (after stopping E2).
    But: this gives me the idea your image has been corrupted; so I would suggest to flash without restoring anything at all (although you might want to save your timers).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Pretty sure both these files can be deleted when E2 is sleeping & new blank ones will be created on waking E2. Save a lot of manual work.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Pretty sure both these files can be deleted when E2 is sleeping & new blank ones will be created on waking E2. Save a lot of manual work.
    Just deleted mine in etc/fstab using E2 did it live no problems all good

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chuf For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (22-06-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Just hit the 'reply with quote' button

Make sure to stop E2 (telnet 'init 4') before manually editiing files. As all the information is kept in RAM the files will be overwritten again with the original contents if E2 is alive.

That most certainly is not OK. No idea how all that got in there, but you'd better delete them all. Best do it manually (after stopping E2).
    But: this gives me the idea your image has been corrupted; so I would suggest to flash without restoring anything at all (although you might want to save your timers).
    Hi Rob

Stopping E2 meant I lost access to the root directory on the VU box...What do you mean when you say "(telnet 'init 4')"..

I eventually managed to delete the DSNs you specified and my boot time dropped from 20mins to 25secs...Success...BUT
    I've lost access to two of my NAS boxes

They are both Dlink DNS-320...Slightly different models..
    There is another thread where a gentleman has the same problem with these boxes and the solution was a re-flash...
    It's a good 2-3 years since I've done this...Is it still a case of downloading to a flash-drive, sticking it in the USB port on the VU and then turning it off and on again or is there a new whizzo (Easier) way of doing a re-flash..
    Also can I, and if so how, save timers,auto-timers, channel settings and favourites

Mark

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    "init 4" does nothing more then stopping E2. Telnet & FTP with the box remain active, as they are dealt with by Linux and have nothing to do with E2.

"init 3' starts E2 again.

For contact between STB & NAS you should use the network browser, to add a mount.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (24-07-16),MPEGMAN (24-07-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies...I assumed E2 was the operating system...Is there a guide somewhere on the site explaining the use of Telnet and/or FTP...At the moment I'm accessing the files via Windows 7...

What is STB..?

I've tried every which way to add these NAS locations including via network browser and always get the same result...It seems to have added them successfully but when I try and access them using the file manager I get the message 'Directory /media/autofs/..... does not exist'...

Having downloaded the PDF 'How to flash a VU DUO 2' my version of Vix (Apollo 014) doesn't seem to be available to download...
    Can you suggest a suitable version..?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

Vu+ Duo2 Boot Time

STB= Set top box, ie satellite receiver.

You can download most recent image from openvix.co.uk

Be advised 4.1 image line appears to be dead. The 4.2 image will be next, no restores from previous images will not be allowed. So may be worth waiting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

MPEGMAN (24-07-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Can I, and if so how, save timers,auto-timers, channel settings and favourites before I start

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Can I, and if so how, save timers,auto-timers, channel settings and favourites before I start
    Yes: copy them from etc/enigma 2

When adding them to your newly flashed box: first stop E2 again.

And no: the Operating System is Linux, the application that is running is Enigma2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12