Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waking from deep standby to record - tuning to channel instead of idling in standby

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    I have the same issue with the Miraclebox Twin and it never goes into standby after booting from deep, either to do a recording or on a daily PowerTimer which is set to specifically boot from deep into standby to perform CrossEPG and ABM on a daily basis. I know the PowerTimer code in the egami and ATV images has specific workarounds for the MB Twin. I don't have any plug-ins or utilities on this receiver - just using stock ViX image.

@birdman - I know we've batted this issue about on another thread but my receiver does this exact same thing.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    @birdman - I know we've batted this issue about on another thread but my receiver does this exact same thing.
    Well, at least you've now mentioned "never" in this context.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Har har
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Ach, it's doing it again! Just powering on to record and staying on the last channel viewed!?

I disabled the CrossEPG timer as well so there should be nothing interfering with it, but something is obviously making it "stick" on instead of going to standby after the 5 secs or so...

I suppose I'm going to have to flash afresh and troubleshoot from there because it's kind of annoying.

Title
    Thanks
    I use openatv on ET10000 and have this problem of not going back to deep standby after recordings I had a miraclebox box before and that went to deep standby no problem have messed with all settings and never fixes it it'll work if you actually set manual timer with go to deep standby but if you have another timer set to start straight after that one that seems to mess it up to. For someone who doesn't like to waste electric and have the box be on all day it's very annoying.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Wow; one sentence consisting of 75 words without even a comma in it. I'm very sorry, but that's impossible for me to read.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    My ET10k goes into deep standby after a timer/multiple timers without any problems.

If you don't use timeshift, this might help....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post382929

Title
    Thanks
    I don't use timeshift I don't understand this problem has to be something with the box I also have a Zgemma box and had a miraclebox without this problem. Also have this box around a year now and many image upgrades but problem always remains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12