Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote lock up

Title
    Thanks

Remote lock up

Hi all

Just turned on my box and it's running quick and well however first issue has arose. The remote (which I like the design and feel of) locks up if you press it say 2 or 3 times in quick succession in the menus or to go down a couple of channels in the epg. It will then miss out a press and then work again on the next press. Is this just standard with these?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I don't have this box, so I can't say if there's any issue with it. Apparently you're too quick for the RC
    In 'input devices' you can set the delay time for repeats. I would try a shorter setting and see if that helps (it does for several brands; not sure about yours).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    I don't have this box, so I can't say if there's any issue with it. Apparently you're too quick for the RC
    In 'input devices' you can set the delay time for repeats. I would try a shorter setting and see if that helps (it does for several brands; not sure about yours).
    Thanks. I tried that didn't make any difference really. Its just as if it doesn't register clicks in quick succession. Interested to hear if this is the same with all these boxes. Quite frustrating.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Pressing buttons too fast and yes it can happen. I get the same on a Duo2 and Solo SE.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Pressing buttons too fast and yes it can happen. I get the same on a Duo2 and Solo SE.
    Really? Same on a Solo2 (Maybe Andy can comment seeing he loves the Solo2 remote) - I never noticed it as evident before as on this box. It 100% doesn't happen on a Technomate 3T you can whiz through the menus with multiple presses on the remote.

I wouldn't say I'm pressing buttons to fast - in fact most other remotes can handle button presses this rapidly and I have never noticed it on another remote so I would say this is worse than most. Shame because the remote is actually on par with the Vu+ remote in terms of layout and build quality.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Remote lock up

Solo se and Duo2, it has been reported to Mb, there was a driver update, not sure it's in build 009 or not, need to check. From my experience pressing fast successively the odd command gets skipped, it's not a lock up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    Solo se and Duo2, it has been reported to Mb, there was a driver update, not sure it's in build 009 or not, need to check. From my experience pressing fast successively the odd command gets skipped, it's not a lock up.

Yeah it's not a lock up more of the remote not registering the command because of the quick next press - however I'm sure you agree it is more noticeable than on other remotes/receivers. You don't have to press overly fast for it to happen.

Would a driver update or release potentially fix the issue? How are MB with support and responding to issues like that?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcmullan8 View Post

Would a driver update or release potentially fix the issue? How are MB with support and responding to issues like that?
    Yes it would, tbh I dont notice it but then again I just press buttons at a normal speed. I'll report it to them again.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Yes it would, tbh I dont notice it but then again I just press buttons at a normal speed. I'll report it to them again.
    So are you trying to say I am some sort of fast fingered wizard? Maybe I am pressing too quickly and I understand that it sounds stupid saying "oh my remote doesn't work as quick as I expect" but I am just used to flying through the menus.

Cheers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I notice this worse on a Duo2, anyway email sent.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

scottmcmullan8 (26-05-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    On Xtrends the settings in 'input device' do actually work, and make a huge difference. None of the VU's actually 'listens' to these settings (a not implemented DM feature; they'd better let it out completely).
    Not sure about other brands, but is is worthwhile checking those settings (and reporting to the manufacturer if the box doesn't adhere to the settings).

Title
    Thanks
    I notice this worse on a Duo2, anyway email sent.

Thanks - that aside I have to say it's very fast, responsive box and you are correct about the boot up time from cold - very quick indeed.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcmullan8 View Post
    Thanks - that aside I have to say it's very fast, responsive box and you are correct about the boot up time from cold - very quick indeed.
    If I'm honest, when I test stuff I use the Twin+ due to the speed
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

scottmcmullan8 (26-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    On Xtrends the settings in 'input device' do actually work, and make a huge difference. None of the VU's actually 'listens' to these settings (a not implemented DM feature; they'd better let it out completely).
    Not sure about other brands, but is is worthwhile checking those settings (and reporting to the manufacturer if the box doesn't adhere to the settings).
    Thanks dude - yeah I checked these settings out and they did change how the remote behaves but unfortunately this doesn't help in this instance. It's more like if you hit up and then down as fast as you like the remote always responds. If you hit the same button (say down in this case) you have to be more careful of how quickly you hit it again or else it won't recognise the press. Again another example is if you want to use the remote as a keyboard and you want the letter "e" you have to be careful how quickly you repeatedly press the number 3 button to get to "e" or you will miss out a press. Strange but that's the main issue. Aside from that great box, looks classy, speed is brilliant especially on boot.

Been reported to MB by Sicilian and myself so hopefully in the future an update of some description can fix this.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You mean the 'text-type' keyboard. Well, t.b.h. that's a pita on all boxes, especially if you want a character far from the beginning.
    On many screens you can use the TEXT-button to call the 'virtual keyboard'; much more easy to handle. Or use the WEB-IF, also a bit better.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

scottmcmullan8 (28-05-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast