Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Newbie Advice Needed

Title
    Thanks

Question Newbie Advice Needed

Hi all,

I've done a lot of reading in the past few days trying to get up to speed with something total new to me. I think i have the general idea of what i am doing (hah!).

Anyways, i took delivery today of a nice Mutant HD2400 box with 2 DVB-S/S2 and 2 DVB-C/T/T2 tuners.

I currently have Sky HD and Virgin Vivid 150meg Broadband.

Behind the tv i have a Virgin fitted 2 way splitter, 1 for broadband and 1 for old Virgin TV i had for about a week. Am i correct in saying that i can use the splitter for the broadband and to run a coax cable to the Mutant DVB-C/T/T2 inputs via an F socket adaptor to coax F plug, then use a loop cable so i can watch while recording and also just connect the Sky to the DVB-S/S2 inputs?

Should be good to go after that i reckon??

Thanks for any input, much appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Doing ok so far i think.

Box is well up and running. Took a feed from the Virgin splitter and used a loop cable, also got the Sky feeds working too, updated channel lists, etc.

Still learning tho, i know the Sky side needs a line and i take it the Virgin side will as well. My Sky subscription doesn't expire until the end of the month and not getting Sky Sports or that with my Sky card inserted (not sure if i actually need the card or not for later).

So i guess my next step is to get a Virgin and Sky line??

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    no line talk.
    Reread the rules.
    closed
    Vu+ Duo2, OpenVix, 3xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-s2 , 1xdvb-c (Sundtek)
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish