Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solo SE hacked?

mlc1967

Solo SE hacked?

Hi All, I have a friend who has recently purchased a solo se from the sponsor, he had a message pop up on his screen (attached in photo)
    It now appears he can only get free to air channels, as soon as he switches to subscription channel, (any satellite) signal immediately goes to zero
    I have reflashed the box with latest VIX re-installed cccam and fresh bouquet but I think something has been screwed with in the boot sector, is it fixable?

EDIT: Screenshot removed as it had reference to another site
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 10-05-16 at 17:19. Reason: Screenshot removed

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

Solo 2se hacked?

Solo2 se is a clone, you'll get no help here. Purchased from the sponsor? I doubt it.

mlc1967
    100% purchased from sponsor, it is the new solo se not solo 2, apologies for the typo! now edited

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

Solo 2se hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by mlc1967 View Post
    100% purchased from sponsor, it is the new solo se not solo 2, apologies for the typo! now edited
    That makes more sense. Lol.
    A fresh flash without restoring any backups should get this running, but I fear the problem may have arisen because your friend is using a "server" for his pay channels, and again if he is you'll get no help here. Can you confirm he has his own viewing card in the box.
    Last edited by TK4|2|1; 10-05-16 at 15:05.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    someone with WebIF access?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    yh exactly. It is more likely that someone has access to openWEBIF which can allow you to post messages to the receiver. Nothing to do with the server

mlc1967
    Hadn't changed his setting in webif but has now, how would all the subscription channels have zero per cent signal but free very strong? I

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Yeah that makes more sense. Has he opened any ports on his router to allow viewing over the interwebs?

mlc1967
    no access over internet at all now and message has not re-appeared

Title
    Thanks
    Same happened to me but the message only appeared for 30 seconds.
    I had to get the ports on router password protected.
    Mate helped me as I know nothing about this field.
    CS World are bad news.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc1967 View Post
    no access over internet at all now and message has not re-appeared
    I take it you had access over the internet before so that you could stream from it. Do not do it again without securing your receiver.

There is a thread by Pembo regarding how to setup SSH keys.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...c-private-keys

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Its not hacked you just haven't closed port 80 on your router. Its just a normal function of the WebIF send message service that they have used.

webif 2.jpg

If you really must have port 80 open just go into the webif plugin and tick Enable HTTP authentication.

webif.jpg

By doing that they have to know the username and password of your box to get into it.

They are just trying to panic people and advertise their forum. Its not the first time i have seen this.
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 10-05-16 at 17:01.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (11-05-16),notlikebo88y (14-05-16),willieone (10-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    They had me in a panic. Didn't know what was going on.

Why do they do this ?
    I was told it's a forum of people banned from other forums.

Wonder why????????????

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    The people who are doing this obviously have very little to do in their lives. Naming a forum in the message could however be somebody trying to discredit the forum, as its obviously not teh way to get new members, maybe an ex-admin with a grudge, its hard to tell
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    seriously guys this has happened to me same as you willieone XXXXXX news wanted me to buy line from XXXXXX on XXXX totally wiped my box that site has alot to answer to messages and volume messing and turning box to different channel guys secure your box with good password
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 11-05-16 at 21:09. Reason: removed reference to other site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast