Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possible Upgrade

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

possible Upgrade

I currently have VUDUO2 with twin sat and a twin cable tuner installed what if any would be the benefit for me to upgrade to the 4k as from what i can tell there are no 4k transmissions at the moment.

Would my Twin cable tuner fit inside the 4K or is it a different tuner unit

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I don't honestly think its worth the upgrade for you atm with no 4k broadcasts. Although yes, the tuner module would fit the Duo2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All this FBC thing confuses me i currently have a quad LNB fitted to my motorized system if im using the 2 built in FBC tuners would i need to change my LNB or buy switches ect to get the full use of the FBC tuners as with my duo2 i often get recording clashes because the wife is recording all her soaps and with the 3 min pre start and 5 min after record it often means i cant watch or record what i want without having to specifically go to the cable tuner version of the channels.

How many channels would i be able to record at once with the 2 fbc tuners and current lnb and cabling

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper1974 View Post
    All this FBC thing confuses me i currently have a quad LNB fitted to my motorized system if im using the 2 built in FBC tuners would i need to change my LNB or buy switches ect to get the full use of the FBC tuners as with my duo2 i often get recording clashes because the wife is recording all her soaps and with the 3 min pre start and 5 min after record it often means i cant watch or record what i want without having to specifically go to the cable tuner version of the channels.

How many channels would i be able to record at once with the 2 fbc tuners and current lnb and cabling
    officially 2 which is just the same, i have noticed on mine that some transponders that are close to each other can be used together without the other tuner kicking in, i'm in the same boat because i need a lot of feeds to other boxes i would need to put up a seperate dish for the solo4k just to get the full use of the fbc tuners as there isn't a LNB yet with 2 scr feeds and 4 legacy feeds.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    officially 2 which is just the same, i have noticed on mine that some transponders that are close to each other can be used together without the other tuner kicking in, i'm in the same boat because i need a lot of feeds to other boxes i would need to put up a seperate dish for the solo4k just to get the full use of the fbc tuners as there isn't a LNB yet with 2 scr feeds and 4 legacy feeds.
    So what would i need to get to make use of the FBC tuners so i could record alot more at the same time

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    There are some excellent post in the vu receivers /vu solo 4k talk forum that cover all this ...read and you will see and learn.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper1974 View Post
    So what would i need to get to make use of the FBC tuners so i could record alot more at the same time
    I have an Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB which has 1 feed cable going into my loft and an Inverto Unicable splitter feeding 2x Vu+ Solo 4K's.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Even More Confused

Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    There are some excellent post in the vu receivers /vu solo 4k talk forum that cover all this ...read and you will see and learn.
    The More ive read the more confused i have become

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I have an Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB which has 1 feed cable going into my loft and an Inverto Unicable splitter feeding 2x Vu+ Solo 4K's.
    Ok my current setup is :

1m Motorized Dish with a Technomate Quad LNB
    RG6 Cable
    2 ports of the LNB going into the back of my VU+ Duo2 and a Dual Cable Tuner.

Now i know i can use the cable tuner in the 4K so that's great.

So the wife like to record a lot of soaps ect so with the auto-timer 3 min startup and 5 min over run this limits me to recording/Viewing 2 Sat channels at once and as i have now idea how to setup the duo2 to fall back and use the cable tuners when both sat tuners are busy i have started looking at the 4K as my possible solution as it says you can record/view up-to 8 channels at the same time with the FBC tuner installed.

From if i understand what everyone is saying then

1) With my existing cabling and LNB the 4K will still only be able to Record/view 2 Satellite channels at the same time ?

2) If i change the LNB for a Unicable LNB the box would then be able to record/view 8 satellite channels at the same time ?

I Can not find anything about fitting a unicable LNB onto a Motorized system so is it possible to as 99% of the time my dish is pointed to 28E but occasionally i like to have a scan around the other satellites so if i fitted the unicable LNB and decided to move the dish and watch something on say 13E would the system automatically be able to record/view 8 channels on 13E and then when i move the dish back to 28E go back to 8 channels on 28E. What im trying to say i suppose is whatever satellite it is pointed at at the time is the satellite that all 8 tuners will automatically be configured for????

To Sum up if what i have said above IS correct then to get all that i have mentioned above all i would need to buy is the VU+ 4K and a unicable LNB ???

Also

1) Would i still need a switch or is that only if i want to run a second box???
    2) What Unicable LNB do i need for the 8 channels as im finding them very hard to find here in the UK?

Title
    Thanks
    Personally I would use Tuner A with a new dish and Unicable II LNB and use Tuner B for your motorised dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Personally I would use Tuner A with a new dish and Unicable II LNB and use Tuner B for your motorised dish.

How many channels would that allow me on tuner A

Title
    Thanks

possible Upgrade

7 on Tuner A, that is with all different transponders. Some channels are on the same transponders so could record more. The Inverto Unicable II LNB I have is 32 channel so in theory I could feed 4x Vu+ Solo 4K's via a splitter.
    If you search on eBay and type in Inverto Unicable LNB you will see a seller in Italy is selling a Unicable II LNB (IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP), this is a 32 channel version. They do a 24 channel version (IDLU-24UL40-UNMOO-OPP). These LNB's are hard to find in the UK unfortunately.

Title
    Thanks
    7 on Tuner A, that is with all different transponders. Some channels are on the same transponders so could record more. The Inverto Unicable II LNB I have is 32 channel so in theory I could feed 4x Vu+ Solo 4K's via a splitter.
    If you search on eBay and type in Inverto Unicable LNB you will see a seller in Italy is selling a Unicable II LNB (IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP), this is a 32 channel version. They do a 24 channel version (IDLU-24UL40-UNMOO-OPP). These LNB's are hard to find in the UK unfortunately.

You can buy the unicable switches (multischalter in german) or lnb (various brands available - Inverto is not my favourite ) either on amazon.de or from the major satellite shops (the one I usually use ships to Europe)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    You can buy the unicable switches (multischalter in german) or lnb (various brands available - Inverto is not my favourite ) either on amazon.de or from the major satellite shops (the one I usually use ships to Europe)
    Why don't you like the Inverto LNBs? I have recently fitted one on my motorised dish, and not had any problems with it so far. Have just ordered a Inverto Unicable II so hope there aren't any issues I'm not aware of!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psykix View Post
    Why don't you like the Inverto LNBs? I have recently fitted one on my motorised dish, and not had any problems with it so far. Have just ordered a Inverto Unicable II so hope there aren't any issues I'm not aware of!
    It's always highly rated but in marginal signal areas, its absolute crap ... you can buy cheapo chinese that perform better.... don't know why, but its been tested amongst a whole group of us with about 10 other lnb,s and it performs extremly badly
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    It's always highly rated but in marginal signal areas, its absolute crap ... you can buy cheapo chinese that perform better.... don't know why, but its been tested amongst a whole group of us with about 10 other lnb,s and it performs extremly badly
    Are you referring to the Unicable II one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast