Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Xtrend 9200 DEAD

Title
    Thanks

Xtrend 9200 DEAD

Hi,

about a week ago my ET9200 started to make a hissing noise (static) so i opened it had a look inside and i couldn't see anything wrong, so i put it back together and plugged it back in but the noise never stopped.
    20 min later a burning smell came out of it and the box died. (no blue light or any other signs of life)*
    i tried the solution mentioned in this thread but no joy.

i have been trying to buy a new psu but there seems to be a very short supply of them and the prices are ridiculous to say the least €199.
    any ideas guys please ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I would look at the psu and see if you can see what the issue is. If its a failed capacitor, you'll spot it as they usually bulge when they fail or split open. If you confident with a soldering iron you could always replace the failed capacitors with ones of the same rating. (making sure you get them the right way round when you solder them) You can get virtually any capacitor you need from Maplins or off ebay. I usually go for Rubycon or Panasonic branded ones.

Make sure you have disconnected the psu from the mains for at least a few hours to make sure the voltage in any working capacitor dissipates so you dont get a p**ser from it when your inspecting the psu. I usually leave them 24hrs as a rule of thumb.

Failing that any decent TV repair shop should be able to fix the PSU for you if your not confident enough or you cannot get a new one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

daddymax (04-04-16)