Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: black screen

dbmx

black screen

Hi I purchased a receiver for some friends on 26/12/15 from WOS.
    They are telling me the screen keeps going black so they turn box off for a bit and leave it. I have flashed it twice now and it keeps going off when they have the box at home.
    I have got box back from them, when I started it all fine then after about a hour the box went to a black screen, when this happens I can not FPT TO BOX.
    I have flashed it again with the latest vix as all ways.
    Is there known a problem with this box image on box ?.
    There is no crash logs stored.

Thanks
    dbmx

dbmx
    update: I flashed again with latest vix and left running , went to black screen after 2hrs of running the lights was still blue on receiver: rebooted box, it started ok but no network.
    Reset network and left running.

dbmx

crash logs

I have found crash logs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Can't help you with the crash logs - but I'm sure one of the other folks on here will.

I had that same issue, usually occurs when I left it on a HD channel. I was using an Edision OS3 and OpenATV. I also had it when playing back a HD RECORDING.

Same as you, reflashing didn't resolve it. I moved then to OpenVix and that sorted the crashing when on a channel, but I still get it on HD playback of Recirdings.

What box are you using and dies this happen on SD channels as Well as HD?

dbmx
    technomate TM NANO SE M2.
    SD AND HD

dbmx
    I was present to day when the receiver stated to play up , there was red white and blue vertical blocky line flashing up the screen then went black no pic or sound.