Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: IR over HDMI Remote Control Extender Kit for Xrend et8000

Title
    Thanks

IR over HDMI Remote Control Extender Kit for Xrend et8000

I am tried to control my Xtrend et8000 from my bedroom using a Cablesson Ivuna Flex IR Adapter - IR over HDMI Remote Control Extender Kit. Does anyone have experience with such a kit?

I have followed all manufacture instructions placed the TX sensor on the satellite via hdmi and the RX sensor on the receiver TV via hdmi. Do i need to enable anything on the Xtrend ET8000 so the IR adapter is enabled and works.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    TX and RX sensors are the wrong way round I would of thought, RX and TX refer to the IR signal and not the video signal.

So in other words you would TX the IR from the TV end and RX IR at the satbox end.

That would be my interpretation anyway

Title
    Thanks
    According to my instruction the Tx is the transmitter. Therefore on the satellite.
    Rx is the reciever, therefore on the TV upstairs.
    I think the clue is that I need a long HDMI cable to extend between the two points and have the sensors on the end of each point.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    DoH, of course you need both sensors connected to the ends of the same cable, how else would the IR signal get transmitted, I assumed that's how they were connected.

Do let us know how you get on anyway as I'm looking at dumping my Powermids in favour of this method.

Looks like your correct about RX and TX

41twGJm71hL.jpg
    Last edited by maxben; 07-03-16 at 21:03.

Title
    Thanks
    My TV upstairs is too far to run a 25m hdmi cable. İ will need to ditch this good method and probable go wireless. Is the Powermids any good to go through walls.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I use these, they have served me well but I have now replaced my HDBaseT AV over cat5e/6 with a 10m HDMI cable so looking at the IR over HDMI.

Code:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/WIRELESS-INFRARED-EXTENDER-PM28-EBODE/dp/B0118JHAHM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457393366&sr=8-1&keywords=WIRELESS+INFRARED+EXTENDER+PM28+By+EBODE