Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hard Drive recommendation

Title
    Thanks

Hard Drive recommendation

Now that I've finally sorted out my recording issues, I want to ask you guys on what HDD you'd happily recommend. I'm probably thinking of a 2TB drive, 2.5 or 3.5 inch, WD or Seagate. If I chose a WD drive, should I just go with a Red or green?

Are there any drives to keep clear of?

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Just a quick followup.... I installed a Western Digital 2TB Blue 3.5" HDD and it's spot on.

Title
    Thanks
    Does anyone know the maximum hard drive size for the xtrend 10000? I want to try a 3.5" 4tb.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i am running a 3TB Toshiba 3.5" without a problem in both my ET10k and Duo2, i also purchased a 4TB for my PC and i initialized it in my Duo2 before i fitted it in my PC because of the 3TB limit with windows and i ran it for about a week in the Duo2 before i transfared it to the PC and all drives are working fine

Title
    Thanks
    I've only got a puny 500gb 2.5" laptop drive in my box Might see if I can pick up a larger desktop drive as I'm forever having to delete recordings.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    its a pity wos dont do bigger than 1 tb,dam sure a few would have gone for bigger ones

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry to hi-jack this thread but I'm looking to order a box from WOS too either the Mut@nt HD2400 or the ET10000, does anyone know which brand HDD they use?
    I was also looking at the WD range and was thinking of the Purple Surveillance range or the Red NAS range, looks like they are optimised for 24/7 use.
    Would anyone recommend a 2.5" or 3.5" (of course this is not an option on all receivers), thinking about which would run cooler as think the ET10000 is fanless?

Also as asked above do the Mut@nt and/or ET10000 running OpenVix support a 4TB drive? Would be the OS that would be the limiting factor with regards to partitioning reqd or not?

Thanks
    Last edited by GykuS; 07-04-16 at 00:24.