Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got my 4k - little help please!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Just got my 4k - little help please!

As above.

Flashed the vix image, gone through the wizard but cant seem to scan anything - I know my dish is good as the zero upstairs is working fine off the same LNB (8output) so I'm guessing theres somewhere in the 4k where I tell it, its a normal LNB not one of the new ones....got more issues but I thought id get off the blocks first with this one...cheers to anyone that has a go...!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You should just need to go to tuner config and select simple, single, 28.2 for tuner a & b if both are connected.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yep - that's what I did - nothing - I took the duo off which was working fine....ive got two feeds into this one, one off a fixed and one from a motorized 1m dish...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have the same set up, 1 feed from an Octo fixed dish set as simple, single, 28.2 and 1 from motorised set as simple, usals etc, both lnb are normal universal types.
    How are you trying to scan? ABM?
    I don't think the 4k currently supports blind scan.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Maybe it doesn't support automatic scan either, I have just tried to do an automatic scan and ended up with permanent spinner and had to reboot box by telnet.
    Go into manual scan and choose network scan that definitely works.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    s'ok - I'm there - not sure what happened there....took it up to the front room just to double check...scanning now...

Next question and the one I'm dreading - oscam....ive got the server running off of a zero (running cccam2.30) and I read today I can install oscam on the 4k and then configure it to look at the cccam server - is that right??

Not sure if I can talk about cam config - if so sorry admins....wasn't sure what I could and could not talk about...
    Last edited by Comfysofa; 25-02-16 at 20:57.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just to say Ive been on it (OSCam) for a couple of hours now and not got it working....any help would be appreciated as ive no clue what I'm doing - cccam was easy compared to this!

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Personal set up is fine. Line talk is not.

Your best bet is to read oscam wiki. Install oscam and post up any queries

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not sure what you mean by personal and line talk....ive been reading non stop for the last couple of hours and cant make head nor tail of it!!

Every time I come across a different webpage on how to set it up its different....all the walkthroughs of the different ways have not worked....
    Last edited by Comfysofa; 25-02-16 at 23:10.

Title
    Thanks
    If you are running a cccam server on one box, then why do you want to use OSCAM on the other box as the client? Just use cccam as the client on the other box.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psykix View Post
    If you are running a cccam server on one box, then why do you want to use OSCAM on the other box as the client? Just use cccam as the client on the other box.
    cccam is an old & closed source cam, also doesn't run on the Solo 4K.
    Better off running oscam on both boxes.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yep - I know that but the point I was making was how to connect the oscam client on the 4k to the cccam client on the zero. Ive had some great help from the lads on the Linuxsat forum and gotten it working using the above config (oscam on the 4k and cccam on the zero) however returning to your point saying that oscam should be ran across all boxes...is that the better option - is oscam much better in all respects. As this is really new to me (no idea what I'm doing, just following peoples advice on getting configs set up) - am I ok to post my config files so people can advise how to turn the 4k into the server and make all the other boxes around the house oscam clients??

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    My understanding is that Oscam is still being developed, whereas the others like CCcam are not... so it is the ongoing future ...
    Ref configs: there is sensitivity on OpenViX when people start talking about any form of cardsharing (and as its in the rules should be obeyed), also a trawl of the forums like those mentioned in your post is sufficient to get most people up and running ... But I must agree reading the Oscam wiki is like reading the Worlds most boring book with the risk of brain death
    Last edited by twol; 26-02-16 at 09:54.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    You connect OSCAM to the cccam server using a C line just the same as you would with a cccam client. (In OSCAM create a CCCam reader - you can do this via the webif or config file), You also need to create a user and a group. However, you need to realise that the oscam client is one hop further away, so unless you have reshare enabled on the cccam server, then your OSCAM client won't work.

Title
    Thanks
    Ah, didn't realise that cccam wouldn't run on a Solo 4k - makes sense I guess since it's not mipsel based, but not something that had occurred to me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast