Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "timeout for tuner lock"

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,

I'm exhausted, I've replaced every cable and still no joy. I've even used a sealed made up F-type to F-type cable direct from the Cable feed into the house, with and without an Attenuator. I've also tried the Cable supplied from VM direct from the feed in to the house without joy. The VHD box works without issue.

I know the terrestrial cable test worked but is there any chance that there could still be a fault with the tuner?

I am thinking of buying one of the cheaper cable receivers from WOS but I'm not really sure whether it is worth it or not??

Cheers,

YO

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Set you tuner as pictured. Set your scan as pictured too. Start the scan and go make a cup of tea. Will take a while.

Report back if you get any channels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ziltch!! Thanks for all your help. I have ordered another box to try, not sure what to do if that doesn't work.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ostrich View Post
    Hi,

I’ve been using my Technomate Nano-T3 combo for a while using a satellite connection without issue. I thought I’d have a go at getting it to work with Cable.

I have the latest vix Image installed on the box. I think I have the tuners configured correctly.
    Tuner c: (DVB-C) is enabled
    Network ID: 00020 (for Oxford)
    Used service scan type: Provider
    Provider to Scan: Virgin Media UK (6952)
    If I go into AutoBouquetsMaker and start scan after a few seconds I get a message “Timeout for tuner lock” – Automatic and Manuals scan don’t find any channels.
    Signal Finder on the Satellite tuner shows a high percentage, Tuner C for DVB-C shows 0%.

OK so it sounds like a signal problem, but what I don’t get is that I have plugged in a Virgin HD box and it finds channels fine!! I can even use the RF Out on the Technomate into the Virgin HD box and the VHD box still has a signal and displays channels.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    YO
    try a earlier software , just had the same issue and tried older software, done the same thing and no tuner locked message

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Set you tuner as pictured. Set your scan as pictured too. Start the scan and go make a cup of tea. Will take a while.

Report back if you get any channels.
    Hi Abu,

I've bought another box from WOS and plugged it in, got similar problems when selecting the correct NetID etc but just started a scan with the Net ID set to 0 and it is finding channels .

What do you suggest I do next?

Thanks,

YO

Title
    Thanks

"timeout for tuner lock"

Double check netid in engineering/technical menu of official receiver.

Failing that, there is a thread title with " pure logs" part of name. there are some commands to run.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Yellow Ostrich (29-02-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I got rid of my Technomate 3T nano Combo as I couldn't get cable to work. I bought a cheaper box to try from W-O-S, the OSMINI with cable tuner and this works with cable (although ABM doesn't find any channels a complete scan does). I bought a 2nd hand Technomate nano-se combo. This also doesn't work..

I don't really get how I can get the cheaper receiver to work but not the technomates.. I'm not too bothered about the Technomates not working but I really want to buy a decent Cable receiver for the Living Room. Ideally a VU Solo 4k. But don't want to buy it if I can't get the cable tuner to work.

If I bought from W-O-S would they allow me to return it if I couldn't get the cable receiver working?

Is it worth going for the Vu Solo 4k over the Duo 2 or Solo 2?

Thanks,

YO.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ostrich View Post
    Is it worth going for the Vu Solo 4k over the Duo 2 or Solo 2?
    1st you should start your own post

So you have problems getting things to run and you are looking at a receiver that is still being bedded in, compared to 2 receivers that have been around and work?
    ... and if you don't have a 4K TV, even less reason to look at the VU 4K
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,

thanks for the reply. I did actually start this thread originally and the latest question follows on from my original enquiry.

I don't currently have a 4k TV but will be getting one later in the year. I want to buy a Receiver with cable tuners which is fairly future proofed. I understand that the 4k Solo will upscale 1080p feeds but none of the other boxes mentioned will do that.

Cheers,

YO.

Title
    Thanks
    You did not post the results of this post
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post290811

Does Lraizer's cable plugin work for you? It works differently.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Yellow Ostrich (20-03-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,

Thanks that seemed a bit complicated for me, I'll give it a go this afternoon though. I did try the Lraizer's cable plugin but I don't think it worked. I'll have a go at both with the Nano-SE.

Does this sound like the correct plugin? enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-cable_20160125_all.ipk

Cheers,

YO

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, that is the latest one IIRC.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,

I enabled logs rebooted ran a Cable scan using he plugin. setup as "pure" because Oxford is not listed.

Screen shot and log attached. (As with the nano-3t the nano-se doesn't appear to have a signal) again. the osmini does.

cheers,

YO
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Tried running the NIT_analyser and get an error:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast