Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mount problems

Title
    Thanks

Mount problems

Just installed my first VU+ and I have problems with mounting / replace HDD.

I have installed and enabled NFS and the mount is running in autofs mode. The drive I am trying to mount is a synology NAS and I can on the synlogy that it login allright. When I check the mount in the mount manager it is also green (NFS), so maybe the mount is ok, but when I try to record or want to check what is on the drive then I get a no drive has been initialized / missing errir.

I am using cccam and have not dded any mg.cfg or anything.

Could one you maybe help pointing me in the right direction where to look for the solution to get the mount working as HDD replacement.

Pil

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    try pressing the I buttion (that brings recording up), press yellow location and see what is mounted. if not there go back into network mounts setup and do network browser.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

pil (23-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for supporting me with this problem. when I hit the record button then I get an error that no HHD has been initialized for recording (this should not happen, the drive mounted is set the HDD replacement "YES") I have tried to umount and remaount several times with different NFS setting but have not found the solution yet.

I tried to mount another folder, but with HDD replacement set to "NO" and I have no problem to access this mount. I can't figure out where the problem is, but my first thought is that it must have something to do with the "Use as HDD replacement = YES" / record option. I could read on another board that the zero is sold as a "zapper box" where the record option is disabled, but with the VIX image I figured that this would be resolved and that I just need to find the right setting.

Please comment.

Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    have you gone to mount manager in menu vix?

there you will see your mounts. or you can setup the mounts. the zero is sold as a zapper, but also it can work of your network. eg, record on one box and watch on zero. the other option is to use a usb, mount this and see if it records, if it does then there is something to do with sinology

make sure the synology can record in ext4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

pil (23-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I think the ext4 should be fine. I have a DM500HD (older openpli image) connected to another folder on the synology and recording work fine.

Initially I wanted both boxes to recrod to the same folder, but maybe that is not possible. I tried to change the "use as HDD replace" to another folder/mount so the boxes does not record to the same folder and then i worked with the record. But now the box crashes everything when I try to access the recording. The crash log is in below.
    Last edited by pil; 23-02-16 at 16:35.

Title
    Thanks
    I foudn it, but not sure what to make of it.

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 1495, in reloadWithDelay
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 485, in reload
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 594, in load
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 729, in buildGroupwiseSortkey
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 720, in buildBeginTimeSortKey
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/autofs/DS115J/'
    < 12657.285191> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method MovieSelection.reloadWithDelay of <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>>,()) failed)
    Last edited by pil; 23-02-16 at 16:36.

Title
    Thanks
    I checked the folder on the Synology and the recording is fine. So the recording wokred fine, but it just can't open the folder again to playback the recording.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    any chance you can ftp into box home/logs - and upload the crash logs, this way someone will be able to support with the issue. am not familiar with DM boxes

you should be able to save to Synology but you may need to move folders around. not sure if you can the boxes to all record to one folder

Title
    Thanks
    I am getting towards the same conclusion. Two boxes sharing the same folder as HDD replacement probably can cause conflicts on more levels. I have attached the crash log here and in above I pasted the last few lines from the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    You need to edit your /etc/enigma2/settings file & remove any lines that contain /media/autofs/DS115J/ in them.
    Put E2 to sleep first though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

pil (24-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    make sure the synology can record in ext4
    The type of file-system on the file-server itself is irrelevant. The client (the OpenVix box) will only ever see it as NFS or CIFS.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    @ Judge, Thanks. I checked and this seems to be ok. There are no such lines. I unmounted everything and have installed and USB stick. I think the problem may boil down to that I tried to use the same folder for two receivers. I reliaze that this is poor latin, but still don't know if that has been the problem. At least, now I know that it can record, this work well on the USB. So now I will try to unmount and remove the stick and then create a new share on the synology only for the VU+ and mount that.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pil View Post
    I foudn it, but not sure what to make of it.
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 720, in buildBeginTimeSortKey
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/autofs/DS115J/'
    < 12657.285191> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method MovieSelection.reloadWithDelay of <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>>,()) failed)
    There is a fix for the crash around (but it hasn't made 037).
    It wouldn't make the mount work, but would at least stop the crash (just give "Not found").
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

17. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

pil (25-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    There was no lines like this in settings. Only a line with the last played recording (after having mounted a USB stick). I unmounted everything removed the USB stick that I used for one test and made a new mount of a "clean" folder on the synology only for the VU. The mount came up as a CIFS mount and everything was green. So far so good. after restart I tried to make a recording and now I get a "Disc full" error. I checked that user and pass was correct and there is lots of space on the drive, so I can't see where the disc-full is coming from. Can anyone help?

Title
    Thanks
    @Birdman, Thanks, I will try it out this evening.
    Last edited by pil; 25-02-16 at 18:51.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast