Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: USB Issue

Title
    Thanks

USB Issue

Hi guys,
    After updatingmy vu+duo to version 3.2 build 036 my duo wont play from the usb. When i plug the usb in the front port it registers and asks if i wat to view movie or pictures. Once i select movies i'm able to view what is on the usb drive, but when i select a movie (any movie) it starts then cuts off to a blank screen. It does this on every movie i play.
    Has anyone had this same issue, or know how i can fix it?

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    have you used this usb to play movies from before so should work,or was it recorded in a different format not known to box?

Title
    Thanks
    I've tried several usb sticks and its all the same issue. Ive even tried converting the files which were MP4 and used to work to mkv and this doesnt work either. Ive also installed media player from the plugin menu and tried to play movies through that but issue is still the same.

Ive also used ftp and sent the movie to my duo and tried to play it from my remote control and still only plays for 3 seconds the cuts off.

I'm thinking it must have something to do with the build as i cant think of anything else to try!!

Finally from the main menu - software update it says (13 updated packages available) so i update, re-boot and still have 13 updates available. Could this have anything to do with it??

Sorry to go on but as you can see i'm running out of ideas

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kris07 View Post
    Hi guys,
    After updatingmy vu+duo to version 3.2 build 036 my duo wont play from the usb.
    You mustn't update to 036 - you have to take a backup, re-flash and restore the backup.
    Perhaps that is your problem?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-02-16),kris07 (24-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    You mustn't update to 036 - you have to take a backup, re-flash and restore the backup.
    Perhaps that is your problem?
    I think you have hit the nail on the head. GStreamer stuff is used for media playback. As Gstreamer was changed, this is why a flash and restore was required.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys i'll give it go and update

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Thanks guys i'll give it go and update
    That is the thing, you should not update.

Do teh following:
    Create a settings backup
    Flash/install latest image
    Restore the settings and plugins when prompted.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

kris07 (25-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, sorry i meant i'll update this post once i have done as was said to see if it worked

Title
    Thanks
    Still not able to play movies from a usb or when transfered to my duo via ftp after re-flash of latest image and restored seetings and plugins...

Anyone got an ideas please??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    did you over step again,think he may have meant flash an earlier image to get those special settings you need first ?
    Last edited by cactikid; 26-02-16 at 02:19.

Title
    Thanks
    Ive even tried converting the files which were MP4 and used to work to mkv
    So have you tried converting the *.mkv to *.mp4 to see whether that works?

Can you play the files on a PC (or anything else...)?

Could you upload one (the smallest...) to Dropbox/GoogleDrive/OneDrive/whatever so that someone else could look at the actual file?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Ive tried them on the laptop before trying to play through my duo so know they definitely play. I've also tried most movie formats and still no joy!!

The thing is they play for about 3 seconds, then just a blank screen but movie time indicates the movie is still playing!!

May be i need to try an older image as suggested earlier.

Thanks for the replies tho guys
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 03-03-16 at 22:10.

Title
    Thanks
    The thing is they play for about 3 seconds, then just a blank screen but movie time indicates the movie is still playing!!
    Perhaps a silly question, but since you transfer them using FTP, you are transferring as binary files, not text ones?

Title
    Thanks
    Mmm not too sure, i just right click on the media file and transfer like ive always done in the past which worked!!
    Think i'm going to re-flash and not use my back up and see what happens, if that fails i'll try and older image.