Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EPG Empty for one Tuner

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    From settings backup, yes. Transfer the settings backup to PC. unzip it. You will find autotimers.xml in /etc/enigma2

Stop Enigma with command "init 4" Transfer the autotimer.xml to receiver then restart.

Just to be clear, I'm referring to a settings backup, not image backup.

Title
    Thanks
    One more thing regarding the Solo4k box. I have EPG refresh installed with the settings below, I assume with these settings it is doing nothing and a waste of time having installed and I may as well remove?

screenshot94.jpg screenshot95.jpg

So if a box is in standby for 3 weeks, the Freeview EPG will/should download from the transmitter and the Satellite EPG will download every morning Open EPG via the Cross EPG Plug-in then what is the point of EPG refresh plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    To absorb EPG data that is on the signal wire, all you have to do is to zap/tune into/receive a service on that signal wire . EPG refresh is just an automatic zapper. Your picture does not show what services you have selected to zap to. If there are no services selected, it is not doing anything. It does not know what you want it to zap to.

With regards to your 3 weeks question:
    Case 1:
    If your box is on standby and does not tune in/zap to a service, it will not absorb the epg data. You should really shut it down completely.
    Case 2:
    If it is on standby and you have recordings scheduled on Terrestrial, it obviously must zap to the service to record. As you have zapped, to a Terrestrial service, it will absorb the EPG data from the signal wire.

To recap:
    EPG refresh is just a zapper to facilitate absorption of EPG data from the signal wire
    CrossEPG Downloader (signal wire based) does not import EPG data for Terrestrial services
    CrossEPG Downloader (internet based/Rytec) will download EPG data for services for which Doglover (the Rytec maintainer) has service references.

Notes:
    I have avoided using the following words as much as possible: Channel, download, cable

Channel= BBC One on Terrestrial is not the same service as BBC One on Satellite.
    Download= I have used "absorb" to confusion with internet based activities.
    Cable= I have used wire to avoid confusion with DVB-C

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

iamSteve (06-03-16)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345