Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: HDMI not working

Title
    Thanks

HDMI not working

Hi all. Got a tricky one here bought a new tv Saturday set it all up lovely. Left it two days went to switch on and nothing!! Returned it to the store got a new one. Set up my vu solo only to find this isn't working either, so after a bit of fiddling, found the hdmi on the vu isn't working plugged it in to an old tv which has scart and it works fine. Only problem being is I don't have scart on the new tv??
    Does anyone know if this is fixable, not sure if maybe a power surge from TV has in some way manage to fry the hdmi port on the vu.
    The tv was deffo faulty as the shop tested it and replaced straight away.
    Cheers guys.

Title
    Thanks
    You Can Get A Cable That Converts Scart To Composite And Audio (Yellow/Red/White Phonos)...

This Is A Scart To HDMI Convertor... Most Expensive Option @£22.59...

Code:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-HDMI-converter-convert-connect/dp/B0092IAA3I
    Won't Be HD Though!!!

What You Need Is A Component Cable(The Green/Blue/Red Phonos) And Audio Cable(The Red/White Phonos)... Most TV's Either Have It Directly, Or Via A Jack plug Cable (That Came With The TV)...

That Will Produce HD On The TV From The Vu Solo...

Title
    Thanks
    Got one in the loft I'll take a look. You sure you'll get the HD quality with that?

Title
    Thanks
    Component output is HD, but don't know if the old Solo has Component output.

Title
    Thanks
    Currently running it with scart with the red blue and green component but I'd say it's producing a far from HD picture. You reckon component cable with be better?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes the component output will be far better.

You will need a triple cable for the video and a separate double cable for the audio.

Most people dont bother with component output because it's more complicated than connecting up with a single HDMI cable.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hate to throw a spanner in the works vu solo are now old and slow,many newer faster/better out now with good prices that would look better with new tv

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    hate to throw a spanner in the works vu solo are now old and slow,many newer faster/better out now with good prices that would look better with new tv
    Yea but works fine so why change, get everything I need from it so what's the problem????