Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ solo SE V2 downstairs, Best way to watch upstairs?

Title
    Thanks

VU+ solo SE V2 downstairs, Best way to watch upstairs?

Hi Guys
    I am looking for a way to watch tv in the bedroom using my VU+ SOLO SE V2 in my lounge which I bought from WOS 2 weeks ago.

My thoughts were to do this:

From the VU+ box, use an HDMI splitter, one to TV and one up the wall to the bedroom TV.

To change the channels on the VU+ from upstairs I was hoping I may be able to use the Magic Eye that comes with the box upstairs and extend the cable down to the box.

Has anyone done this?

Would anyone have any idea what type of cable I need to extend the magic eye? I was hoping to buy a cable off the shelf with a male one end and female the other.
    But I don't know what type of plug I am looking for.
    Does anyone know the type I am looking for?

Thanks in Advance.
    Nic.

Title
    Thanks
    hi Nic, not really experience with magic eyes, and you may need a booster amp which will need the new maic eye circuitry which is 4g compatible as will interfere with signal otherwise? seen many on here with similar probs and setups.
    ideally if you have a smart tv such as a samsung connected on your network , you could simply use 'e2stream from pembo', set up on tv , set up on box is starightforaward for transcoding to the tv and will need to set up mindlna to watch things recorded on vu solo se v2 as e2 stream is just a channel zapper...
    hope this helps!
    Ade
    ps what external usb were you supplied as a friend has a vu solo se v2 and having a mare with his external usb hdd!
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    You could also buy a cheap'ish 2nd box such as a Mutant 1200HD with Wifi and it will connect to your VU via Wifi and you can use the tuners on the VU box by setting up the Fallback tuner - so no wires.....

It works great for me,, with no stuttering - which I thought the picture would be crap - but in all honesty its great,,, and best of all no wires.....

The sponsor also does price match so you can get them for a decent cost with the wifi dongle.

Title
    Thanks

VU+ solo SE V2 downstairs, Best way to watch upstairs?

Openwebif is the best way, use a pc/laptop hdmi to TV done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ade1970 View Post
    hi Nic, not really experience with magic eyes, and you may need a booster amp which will need the new maic eye circuitry which is 4g compatible as will interfere with signal otherwise? seen many on here with similar probs and setups.
    ideally if you have a smart tv such as a samsung connected on your network , you could simply use 'e2stream from pembo', set up on tv , set up on box is starightforaward for transcoding to the tv and will need to set up mindlna to watch things recorded on vu solo se v2 as e2 stream is just a channel zapper...
    hope this helps!
    Ade
    ps what external usb were you supplied as a friend has a vu solo se v2 and having a mare with his external usb hdd!

Hi Ade,
    That is a bit above my head. The magic eye on my SOLO came with it, and plugs into the port on the back of the unit allowing it to be hidden in a cupboard.
    So I wanted to buy an extension cable which would allow me to put it in the bedroom, and plug it into the box downstairs with the extension cable.
    But I need to find out what plug it has on it. to buy the longer cable.

As for the External HDD. I didn't buy one. I already had one here, a 320GB Western Digital My Passport, and it works perfectly.
    I think I have attached a pic of instructions i followed to make mine work, and it worked first time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ex_tractorfan For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (08-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you kindly Nic, hopefully can get my mates box sorted now, once and for all :-) ....apologies, yes, i see what you mean, as the simplest solution, ive seen magi eye extension kits on various sites inc the fleabay, not sure if thats the kind of thing you mean, as never used magic eyes, however, im almost certain my satellite engineer said a filter of some kind will need to be used in-situ...hope my two cents worth helps! :-))
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    ps forgot to ask, is it a self-powered, seperate power supply or using a twin 'Y' lead to power the usb drive? sorry, thx again :-)

Title
    Thanks
    Ade, it is self powered, it just plugs into a USB Port.

Title
    Thanks
    the other way is to use the android client on a android STB (they cost around £20 on fleabay). I watch my vu boxes on my phone but an android phone connected to a TV or just a tablet would be fine. Streamed over the network (wireless if no cable)