Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: vu solo 4k tuner set help needed

Title
    Thanks

Exclamation vu solo 4k tuner set help needed

VU+ Solo 4K
    2 x permanents satellite tuners and 1x T/T/C Dual twin tuner for cable

I have flashed with OpenAtv latest
    I have connect 2 wire for tuners
    I have stranded 1 meter dish with 4 out put Lnb
    I only need 28.2e set up.

I am look to record more then 4 channels at a time with out any restriction while watching another freely.
    I also want to download Crossepg(opentv) every day with any tunner faild message/error
    Manufactured told me that this box is easy capable to this due to the latest technology tuners

tuner c , d , e , f ,g , h showing not configured

when I leave them alone then I can record more then 2 separate channels.

if I make then as
    Advance
    28.2e
    Lnb not configured or Lnb 1

It all messed up now.

can some one please guide me step by step
    I am sure some one here definitely got this box with right setup.

I d,nt think It work only with Unicable Lnb as I have slandered 4 out put Lnb

################################################## #

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunlight786 View Post
    VU+ Solo 4K

can some one please guide me step by step
    I am sure some one here definitely got this box with right setup.

I d,nt think It work only with Unicable Lnb as I have slandered 4 out put Lnb

################################################## #
    It can't be done with a quad LNB. To make full use of your Solo4K, you could use a quattro LNB (which is a different thing) plus a suitable stacking device. But it would be simpler and cheaper to replace your LNB with a single-cable LNB conforming to the EN 50494 standard, such as the new Unicable II LNBs from Inverto. These feed a single cable which you would plug into the LNB1 IN socket of your Solo4K receiver. You could then configure tuners A to H to match eight of the frequency channels delivered by the LNB. These settings must be configured manually.

I suggest you have a look at the Wikipedia article on single cable distribution and the product information on the Inverto site.

Title
    Thanks
    well, if you hook up 2 outputs of the quad lnb to tuner a and b, then the remaining 6 tuners are configured automatically on demand afaik.
    however, you can only record/watch up to 8 channels of max 2 sat sub-bands (VH, VL, HH, HL).
    unrestricted access is only possible with unicable lnb or switch.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stein View Post
    well, if you hook up 2 outputs of the quad lnb to tuner a and b, then the remaining 6 tuners are configured automatically on demand afaik.
    however, you can only record/watch up to 8 channels of max 2 sat sub-bands (VH, VL, HH, HL).
    I think perhaps you meant transponders there, rather than channels: it's possible to record/watch multiple channels within the same transponder simultaneously. And since all the main FTA TV and radio channels on 28.2E are on either VL or HL, what you suggest may be all that sunlight786 needs.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You need unicable Lynn with at least 2 unicable outputs for what you want to do, you could record 3 channels and watch another without restriction by adding your cable tuner into the mix.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    it does not matter what I do mate. I even bought EMP-SCR Multi switch which can take Qyattro lnb in and provide 1 x 8 satellite signal
    This switch also do not work.

Now I nned to try a suitable unicable LNB Lnb which can give me 8 to 32 satellite signal via single cable.

Any one know about any LNB make and model so I can try out?

Title
    Thanks
    it does not matter what I do mate. I even bought EMP-SCR Multi switch which can take Qyattro lnb in and provide 1 x 8 satellite signal

Now I nned to try a suitable unicable LNB Lnb which can give me 8 to 32 satellite signal via single cable.

Any one know about any LNB make and model so I can try out?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunlight786 View Post
    It would help if you mentioned the model number of the switch you have bought. Perhaps it's working but you're not using it correctly.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    I think perhaps you meant transponders there, rather than channels: it's possible to record/watch multiple channels within the same transponder simultaneously. And since all the main FTA TV and radio channels on 28.2E are on either VL or HL, what you suggest may be all that sunlight786 needs.
    yes, you're right... i meant transponders. with 2 quad-lnb feeds you can watch up to 8 transponders on 2 sub-bands which could be even more than 8 channels.
    so, maybe it's just a tuner configuration problem.