Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 x USB Cable tunesr?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madbriuk View Post
    sozz to jump in but can I use a usb cable tuner in my et9500 sat box.
    thanks
    You can't use a VU+ Tuner...
    You will have to check sponsors site to see which they recommend.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Amazon Fire TV 4k (Kodi sideloaded).
    Amazon Fire TV (Kodi sideloaded).
    Those Android Systems will be on our supported list very soon!
    The Android driver will kick off soon for DVB-C/T/T2, DVB-S/S2, ATSC and FM Radio.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Have you tested that?

I've got no problem running 4 USB tuners, one of which is a Sundtek.
    I finally got around to installing 2 x USB tuners to my Solo2 and ran into problems.

I am having trouble with runninng 2 USB Tuners from Vu+ Turbo. Only one shows up in Tuner configuration as cable tuner. So in total showing my 2 internal satellite tuners, and only 1 of the usb tuners. So 1 usb tuner is "missing".

Have you got 2 or 3 USB Turbo tuners?

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Shouldn't need to. I just asked someone who said he used four tuners.

Could you help me get my 2 tuners to work please, how did your friend get them working?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    My friend is Huevos. I'm sure he will respond soon.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,963 Times in 3,279 Posts
    I haven't got any turbo tuners.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zino View Post
    I finally got around to installing 2 x USB tuners to my Solo2 and ran into problems.

I am having trouble with runninng 2 USB Tuners from Vu+ Turbo. Only one shows up in Tuner configuration as cable tuner. So in total showing my 2 internal satellite tuners, and only 1 of the usb tuners. So 1 usb tuner is "missing".

Have you got 2 or 3 USB Turbo tuners?

Could you help me get my 2 tuners to work please, how did your friend get them working?
    I have two usb dual dvb-t tuners plugged into my Duo2 and they work well. Not sure about the Vu+ turbo tuner though.
    Check my signature to see the usb devices that I'm using... they're not capable of DVB-T2 though.
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stick50jr View Post
    I have two usb dual dvb-t tuners plugged into my Duo2 and they work well. Not sure about the Vu+ turbo tuner though.
    Check my signature to see the usb devices that I'm using... they're not capable of DVB-T2 though.
    Is that a dual as in 1 USB with 2 tuners built in?

I have 2 separate Vu+ usb Turbo tuners, when I plug them in and install drivers, only 1 shows up

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is that a dual as in 1 USB with 2 tuners built in?
    Yep, two usb dual tuners = four tuners via two usb ports on the back of Duo2. I've no experience of your devices. I'm just saying that my usb setup is okay.... might it be a problem with Vu+ Turbo drivers? From the lack of replies maybe you are the only one trying to use two Vu+ Turbo tuners together.
    Last edited by stick50jr; 05-06-17 at 19:46.
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just a thought... have you tried other OEAlliance or OpenPLi images (to see if the problem is specific to Vix or whether it is more generic)? Also, have you tried to use the Vu+ image with 2 x usb Turbo tuners? Its a crap image but if it doesn't work with their own image, then log a fault with Vu+. Given my setup works and yours, using Vu+ branded equipment, does not (I'm assuming negative results); perhaps you can shame Vu+ into action.
    Last edited by stick50jr; 06-06-17 at 09:29.
    OpenVix:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (06-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Just a thought... have you tried other OEAlliance or OpenPLi images (to see if the problem is specific to Vix or whether it is more generic)? Also, have you tried to use the Vu+ image with 2 x usb Turbo tuners? Its a crap image but if it doesn't work with their own image, then log a fault with Vu+. Given my setup works and yours, using Vu+ branded equipment, does not (I'm assuming negative results); perhaps you can shame Vu+ into action.
    I am going to see if I can try a different image and see.

Yep, two usb dual tuners = four tuners via two usb ports on the back of Duo2. I've no experience of your devices. I'm just saying that my usb setup is okay.... might it be a problem with Vu+ Turbo drivers? From the lack of replies maybe you are the only one trying to use two Vu+ Turbo tuners together.
    I've already spent a lot of money on them but I can't wait around for someone to fix this issue, I need to buy a different brand usb cable (dvb-c) tuner to try.
    What brand usb tuners are you using, and are they cable or satellite usb tuners?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've already spent a lot of money on them but I can't wait around for someone to fix this issue, I need to buy a different brand usb cable (dvb-c) tuner to try.
    What brand usb tuners are you using, and are they cable or satellite usb tuners?
    If you view my signature block at the end of my posts you'll see which brands I use... however neither works with DVB-T2 nor DVB-C (only DVB-T is supported). Hauppauge (Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD) have recently produced an updated dual tuner which would suit you but the drivers are probably not yet supported in older kernels . Not a quick fix but with backported drivers it would be good. Need someone to backport the drivers to older kernels....
    OpenVix:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    [continuation of above post] Not a quick fix but with backported drivers it would be good. Need someone to backport the drivers to older kernels....Hauppauge Linux Support for WinTV tuners.

Maybe the usb single tuner device would work (Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD or Hauppauge PCTV292e both supported from kernel 3.16. The Vu+ kernels are newer at 3.13.5 so the em28xxx drivers should work without backporting required?)

I'd be interested to see whether your current tuners work on other images: Official Vu+ images for Solo2 You could also try images from BlackHole (Black Hole for Solo2) and OpenPLi (OpenPLi for Solo2). Backup your OpenVix settings and image so that you can get back later.
    OpenVix:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (07-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    If you view my signature block at the end of my posts you'll see which brands I use... however neither works with DVB-T2 nor DVB-C (only DVB-T is supported). Hauppauge (Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD) have recently produced an updated dual tuner which would suit you but the drivers are probably not yet supported in older kernels . Not a quick fix but with backported drivers it would be good. Need someone to backport the drivers to older kernels....
    A dual/twin cable (dvb-c) usb tuner?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A dual/twin cable (dvb-c) usb tuner?
    Yes.

Zino, I went to the trouble of providing you with links to the product (complete description)... if you are interested please follow the links I embedded in my last posts.
    OpenVix:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I contacted Sundtek, he said two of their tuners will work simultaneously. From a previous post, he does not recommend mixing and matching brands.

As an aside, the possibility of selling current equipment and buying another receiver should be considered.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...vb-c-1x-dvb-s2
    £138 for receiver with twin cable and satellite. Granted, not as fast as a Solo 2.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (08-06-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast