Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 x USB Cable tunesr?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I contacted Sundtek, he said two of their tuners will work simultaneously. From a previous post, he does not recommend mixing and matching brands.
    I have already bought 4x Vu+ turbo tuners, I have to therefore try to use as many of them as possible. I've just bought 2x sundtek usb tuners.
    Hopefully Vu+ turbo works with Sundtek in one box to give me dual tuner capability. Otherwise I have to sell all 4x turbo tuners and buy 2x more sundtek usb tuners.

I wish I knew Vu+ turbo tuners are so poor. I assumed as I have a couple Vu+ solo2 I want to add cable tuners to, that same brand, Vu+, would be better suited.
    If I knew all this before I would have just bought 4x sundtek but I had no real way of knowing. Couple of people on forums said 2x turbo tuners should work together and no reason why it shouldn't. I could not have known without buying and trying.

I bought a Solo4k last year but I didn't like it, went back to my solo2. Main reason being a couple of plugins I use were not available or didn't work properly on boxes with ARM processors. I'm looking into whether this is still the case as I still have the solo4k.

Fingers crossed, all works out with the "mix and match" as you put it.

At some point I will get the Ultimo 4k, once the price comes down a little. Although it is quite large.

Quote Originally Posted by stick50jr View Post
    Just a thought... have you tried other OEAlliance or OpenPLi images (to see if the problem is specific to Vix or whether it is more generic)? Also, have you tried to use the Vu+ image with 2 x usb Turbo tuners? Its a crap image but if it doesn't work with their own image, then log a fault with Vu+. Given my setup works and yours, using Vu+ branded equipment, does not (I'm assuming negative results); perhaps you can shame Vu+ into action.
    I tried 2x vu+ turbo usb tuners on one box, with the official Vu+ image and the box just gets stuck in boot. Works with 1x turbo plugged in. So seems a vu+ driver issue. I sent a message on Vu+ official site, a bug report but received no acknowledgement nor reply since, which was many days ago. I don't know how else to get Vu+ to sort the issue out.
    Last edited by zino; 14-06-17 at 23:33.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zino View Post
    I tried 2x vu+ turbo usb tuners on one box, with the official Vu+ image and the box just gets stuck in boot. Works with 1x turbo plugged in. So seems a vu+ driver issue. I sent a message on Vu+ official site, a bug report but received no acknowledgement nor reply since, which was many days ago. I don't know how else to get Vu+ to sort the issue out.
    Okay, nice to clarify that Vu+ have this problem... I have logged three seperate bugs with Vu+ and none were acknowledged and I had no way of seeing whether they were working on the bugs.

However, all the bugs have been fixed now, some after a long wait and one after only a few weeks.

In the early days of the Duo2, I reported that their firmware only supported 4 tuners due to insufficient number of demuxes. With twin tuners in the internal slots, no usb tuners could be successfully added! They fixed this very promptly by increasing the number of demuxes to 9 (4 x internal tuners, 4 x external/usb tuners & the 9th demux to allow simultaneous playback while the other 8 were possibly in use recording or streaming). I was very happy and went ahead and got another usb twin tuner to make use of this improvement.

So I know from this first hand experience that Vu+ can sometimes be responsive in actions (but not in communication/feedback). I also know that the Duo2 and Solo2 work well with multiple usb tuners... so it seems like a silly thing that their own usb Turbo tuners can't be doubled up
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (15-06-17)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123