Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing HDD into ET8000

Title
    Thanks
    The picture you posted has the correct plug. In the top left of your picture is a similar plug although it's only a 2 wire one. I had a look at that & it's totally different to mine.
    Not sure what mines off.

I'll contact WOS tommoz & see if they swop it out otherwise I'll butcher this one to fit.

Title
    Thanks
    the wiring provided for the hard drive in the box is joined together

sata connection and 4 pin power plug

the picture you posted in 21 looks correct....will it not fit?
    Last edited by bluepassat; 14-01-16 at 21:11.

Title
    Thanks
    The sata & power cable is joined together but the power plug on mine is not correct. The only way I could get it to fit would be to butcher it. I will do that if I have to but would prefer a proper plug.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Paul, did you get sorted in the end? My ET8000 arrived Friday. Fitted my 1tb HD in fine with the cable supplied in the box, happy to share pics if needed but looks identical to pic on post #28 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post388547) except my cable is black, not red. Hope you got it sorted m8!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi my new ET8000 will be delivered tomorrow. I have a new 2.5" 500GB drive that I plan to install. Is it just plug and play and format the drive through the ET8000. Has anyone got any links to any youtube video or instruction on how to install and format the drive.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Undo the 5 screws from the ET8000, 3 on back, 2 on sides. Slide the cover off.

The drive goes in the front left of the box. The cable to connect it all up, and screws to secure the HD are included in the box with the ET8000 from WoS.

There are three connections to plug in, two into the motherboard of the ET8000, and one into the HD itself. As per the pic attached shamelessly taken from post #28...

When fully fitted and cover replaced turn on the box.

Goto: Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices.

This is where you need to Initialise (format to ext4 linux file structure) and Mount the HD to the receiver.

That's all I did when installing mine at the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bsdbm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (19-01-16)

Title
    Thanks
    prefect. thanks for your help

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdbm View Post
    Undo the 5 screws from the ET8000, 3 on back, 2 on sides. Slide the cover off.

The drive goes in the front left of the box. The cable to connect it all up, and screws to secure the HD are included in the box with the ET8000 from WoS.

There are three connections to plug in, two into the motherboard of the ET8000, and one into the HD itself. As per the pic attached shamelessly taken from post #28...

When fully fitted and cover replaced turn on the box.

Goto: Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices.

This is where you need to Initialise (format to ext4 linux file structure) and Mount the HD to the receiver.

That's all I did when installing mine at the weekend.
    Just fitted a 500gb Seagate HD out of a sky box, used this picture as a guide and it nice and simple to do.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdbm View Post
    Hi Paul, did you get sorted in the end? My ET8000 arrived Friday. Fitted my 1tb HD in fine with the cable supplied in the box, happy to share pics if needed but looks identical to pic on post #28 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post388547) except my cable is black, not red. Hope you got it sorted m8!
    Yep all sorted. My box had to go back because of the controller connections & wos sorted the proper cable at the same time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to paul1098 For This Useful Post:

bsdbm (29-02-16)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123