Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which is best ET8000 or ET9500?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone and especially for helping me make my mind up and confirming I'm not going wrong with the ET8000

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    you all want to try a Virgin TiVo box it's the worst pile of crap on the planet and the remote wants sending in to deep space i mainly bought a Harmony 650 because the TiVo remote is so bad
    i love my E2 receivers and could never go back to a Sky Box i have 2 gathering dust in the spare bedroom

nearly forgot what i intended to say lol the ET8000 is a very good receiver with a fast processor and it will serve you well for years,i have the ET10k and its one of the best receivers their is
    ET10k is a great box, but for new people to E2 the ET8000 is such a boringly solid box.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeer View Post
    Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and in need of some advice as I will be placing an order with WOS in the next day or so but before I do I just wanted so guidance if you wouldn't mind.

I have been used to a Sky+HD box for the last few years and like the smoothness of its functions so with this in mind can anyone give me their thoughts on which box would be best for a similar style of performance? The ET8000 or ET9500?.

Which ever box I get I will be also getting WOS to add a 500GB Hard Drive so that I can store my EPG and any ripped dvd's etc.

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie

Jason
    My experience having ET 10000 and VU+ Duo2. Buy Duo2 and be happy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tappari For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (02-01-16)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    My experience having ET 10000 and VU+ Duo2. Buy Duo2 and be happy.
    I'd disagree, I got duo2, hd2400, lx3 and et10k. Duo2 IMO is the worst performer of the lot with more less same hardware specs.

Remote with Duo2 is not great, centre silver button lets it down big time. Colour LCD just an expensive gimmick that hinders performance. Drivers on duo2 no better than any other models in its range, but it seems your on a crusade to discredit Xtrend going by many of your posts on different forums.

Tuner versatility on Duo2 is not great either with only 2 tuner slots. Et10k and hd2400 much more versatile.

Anyway back on topic, op never even mentioned the 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

jbeer (01-01-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I'd disagree, I got duo2, hd2400, lx3 and et10k. Duo2 IMO is the worst performer of the lot with more less same hardware specs.

Remote with Duo2 is not great, centre silver button lets it down big time. Colour LCD just an expensive gimmick that hinders performance. Drivers on duo2 no better than any other models in its range, but it seems your on a crusade to discredit Xtrend going by many of your posts on different forums.

Tuner versatility on Duo2 is not great either with only 2 tuner slots. Et10k and hd2400 much more versatile.

Anyway back on topic, op never even mentioned the 10k.

With Duo2 you can have 2 x dual tuners which makes it 4 tuner box for example in C/T2 use.
    Just copying Xtrend`s homepage of ET10000:
    Real Quad Tuner PVR. Using a Loop Trough Output without having to use a splitter. All of the Quad tuners support DVB-C, DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-S and DVB-S2.
    ET10000 can not operate with 4 x Si2169 internal T2 tuners. Only with three.
    Last edited by Sicilian; 01-01-16 at 11:13. Reason: mind your language...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    With Duo2 you can have 2 x dual tuners which makes it 4 tuner box for example in C/T2 use.
    That doesn't work if you want 3x Sat 1x Hybrid or 3x Hybrid 1x Sat. Imo SD PQ on Xtrends far better than VU+ too.

ET10000 can not operate with 4 x Si2169 internal T2 tuners. Only with three.
    So you keep posting....

again back on topic....
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    One final question if you guys wouldn't mind, I'm looking at getting my own HDD and was looking at this one - http://www.dabs.com/products/toshiba...42730000&src=3

Would this suit the ET8000?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    for best results you need a 5,400 rpm Hard Drive a 7,200 rpm will work but is not needed i have Toshiba 3TB drive's in my ET10k & Duo2 as i record a lot of programs but you can get them now for about £70 http://www.ebuyer.com/461603-toshiba...k-pa4293e-1hn0

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    If fitting 3.5" as post above go for a 5400 rpm or a 2.5" drive.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Great thanks both

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    for best results you need a 5,400 rpm Hard Drive a 7,200 rpm will work but is not needed i have Toshiba 3TB drive's in my ET10k & Duo2 as i record a lot of programs but you can get them now for about £70 http://www.ebuyer.com/461603-toshiba...k-pa4293e-1hn0
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but will be ordering an et8000 myself soon and am wondering why recommend a 5,000rpm drive over the 7,200?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommycahir View Post
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but will be ordering an et8000 myself soon and am wondering why recommend a 5,000rpm drive over the 7,200?
    Less noise, less heat
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    ...... and you don't need the 7200 rpm
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I don't mind you jumping in lol

I ordered my ET8000 and HDD and both are due for delivery tomorrow…I ordered this HDD - https://m.dabs.com/products/toshiba-...zsva-BPR1.html

Title
    Thanks
    Hi jbeer.

In the same boat, and wondering how you got on? I'm looking to replace a sky HD box with an 8000. Is picture quality as good?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast