Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gigablue Quad + not tuning cable channels

Title
    Thanks

Gigablue Quad + not tuning cable channels

Hi,

My Gigablue Quad + is not finding any channels when it is doing a cable scan. If I flash with Openvix-3.2.015, as mentioned by another member everything is fine but the latest image is not finding any channels when scanning. How can I get the drivers from the Openvix-3.2.015 and place them into latest image?

Thanks.

John.

Title
    Thanks
    Still looking for information as to why when I flash Openvix 3.2 030 ( or any version that is after 016) and do a service scan on the cable tuners It does not find any channels. Without changing any components I flash Openvix 3.2 015 (or lower) and the service scan finds all the channels on the cable tuners. What changed from Openvix 3.2 015 to 016 or later versions?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There was a change in drivers and kernel. The two usually go hand in hand.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...its/3.2?page=2

If the tuners are now better at receiving DVB-C signal, then you would need to attenuate/reduce the signal power levels.
    If the tuners are now worse at receiving DVB-C signal, then you would need to boost the signal power levels.

See here too: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post387542

If you are happy at meddling, you can try transplanting drivers.
    Please note receiver may need to be reflashed. Do this at yor own risk

Drivers have a name ending in .ko are located in
    /lib/modules/x.x.x/extra
    The x.x.x are kernel version

Flash old image. Save drivers to PC. Flash new image. Transfer drivers back. Reboot (restart is not enough)
    As mentioned earlier, the drivers normally go hand in hand with kernel, so this may not work.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, will have a try.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, just tried the transplanting of drivers but the box just hung at startup. As soon as I went back to correct drivers the box restarted. So if my Quad+ finds all cable channels in Openvix 3.2 015 but now finds absolutely no channels on any image version greater 3.2 015 do I have to boost the signal. Would a variable attenuator help? Can I edit the drivers I have transplanted earlier, to see what is different between the two? Do I need a Virmin engineer to upgrade the signal strength? Going to go back to 3.2 015 for now but please keep giving advice.