Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Solo Network config

Title
    Thanks

Vu+ Solo Network config

Good morning.
    I've just had fibre broadband installed and a new router. DHCP is active. However, I can't seem to configure the network on my VU+ Solo box. I'm using a LAN connection. I have tried a manual config with an IP address based on the router settings. I have given up. The Network Wizard just says not connected. DNS ip has left me flummoxed. Anyone who can just give me the basic setting, and let me get on with some telly, would be grateful. Also, my original supplier and support has gone awol. Ah well.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you checked the ethernet cable is ok. Try a different one.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, yes, brand new cable. Says local host connected too. JUst need to know what goes in what fiedl if I'm doing it manually, or what DNS values I should be putting too.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Reboot your router and your box then try the network wizard using DHCP
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Hello again...just tried two other ethernet cables...no joy. Has to be the DNS settings...Although on the test its just Ip adrees and name server that are unconfirmed. Is there not a section where it has to have a password for the router? Suppose not. I'm not savvy at networks Be warned LOL

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No password required when connected via cable to your own network. Password is for wifi.
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Rebooting both router and Vu+ hasn't worked. Darn

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Go to menu/setup/system/network/device setup/lan connection/network wizard/ DHCP to yes press ok
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, my Vu+ Solo doesn't have 'Lan Connection' as an option, has 'Adapter settings' which allows the config of all manner of network manual setups, including IP addresses. It does have 'Network wizard' which hates me. And also has in 'Network Wizard' - 'Use Interface' which I have on 'yes' and Use 'DHCP' also on 'yes'.
    The message back says 'Your internet connection is not working! Please choose what you want to do next' and that gives me the oprion to try again or exit. Sigh.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steviep_1969 View Post
    Good morning.
    I've just had fibre broadband installed and a new router. DHCP is active. However, I can't seem to configure the network on my VU+ Solo box. I'm using a LAN connection. I have tried a manual config with an IP address based on the router settings. I have given up. The Network Wizard just says not connected. DNS ip has left me flummoxed. Anyone who can just give me the basic setting, and let me get on with some telly, would be grateful. Also, my original supplier and support has gone awol. Ah well.
    hope i dont have the same problem when i go onto fibre optic

plug everything in and switch on, router and box. once router is connect leave box alone and on the router get a pin and push the reset button, see if that works, if not restart the box only and see

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Input all values manually.
    Use Google DNS servers for your DNS, 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Look likes your box is not connecting to your new router. Before using network wizard You should see (Lan connection) option if there is a connection. What image are you using ?
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How long ago was your router installed.?
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Well, after a trying night trying to figure out why it wont give me channels, I thought about putting it in the bin. This was new in September, and I'm concerned there is no customer support and these boxes may now just be defunct. Does anyone know what I should be putting (field-wise) in the network settings, before I have the thing crushed, obviously retrieving the huge hard drive first. Happy to speak over the phone or by email..there must be an expert on VU+Solo.
    Sigh

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steviep_1969 View Post
    Well, after a trying night trying to figure out why it wont give me channels,
    You don't need your network to get your subbed channels though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast