Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: usb hdd not recognised on reboot, using latest openvix, says hard disk full??

Title
    Thanks

usb hdd not recognised on reboot, using latest openvix, says hard disk full??

hi, trying to help my friend sort a problem thats been bugging us for weeks on vu solo se v2 twin cable tuner on openvix 3.2 build 30! Tried repeatedly to mount/initialise a usb drive for recording,timeshift, epg, settings etc tried..downloading the plugin ntfs-3g, tried switching usb sticks/drives, formatting, re initialising, file indexing etc...but on restart it comes up as 'hard disk full- unable to record' ....nothing works!
    I've read that this box was sold as a 'zapper' and that something called a 'pau' plugin maybe required, but that that it is also included in openvix already?
    ive checked that the usb drive can be written and read from so no issues with power supplied to external drive..
    i read that there maybe a file that needs editing, called fstab in /etc folder, but cant see that one, only one called samba?... inserting a line for the drive..it appears under devices as sda1/media..
    the box also returns an error saying ' the folder hdd/movie does not exist? i thought the file system was created on disk initialisation.

can anyone help, anyone experience of this relatively new box?
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Can you upload your debug log please?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (21-12-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Looks like you may have some hidden partitions. I would give your USB hdd a low level format. Try using a program called HDD guru hddguru.com
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley69 For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (21-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    hi Abu and Ashley, sorry never done a log report before, will have to set that up on friends box to get log when i next get to him. Additionally, funny you should say low level format...i attempted to format the ext usb hdd as a last ditch effort and hpdisk format tool didn't even recognise it anymore to be able to format it...so will defo try hddguru.com
    my friend is elderly/retired and obviously has no idea how this cannot work, he feels sorry for me spending hours and hours trying to fix, but as an enthusiast, i'm determined to fix this prob, so all down to me to fix..really do appreciate the input..thank you kindly
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    You can also use your computer
    insert drive into computer and then open command prompt (CMD)run as admin
    type in "diskpart"
    when diskpart has started type in "list disk"..and from the list see which one is the damaged drive.(make sure you select correct one but there will only be the size of disk thats damaged like 4-8gb etc)
    Then type in "select disk" then the number of your damaged drive
    it will say disk x selected
    then type "CLEAN"
    It will then complete clean and wipe everything on drive
    once complete close cmd and format drive to FAT32 using windows format by right clicking on your drive in my pc and selecting format

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mann For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (21-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    yay, two solutions to try, thank you Mann ..presumably doesn't make a difference its not being read by hpdisk format util currently and that its usb?...additionally does anyone think i may have caused all this by having BOTH the usb external 500gb hdd and a sanzer 16gb usb plugged in at same time when originally initialsing box, after flashing a fresh image? (thinking was to have epg, picons, backups etc on 16gb usb)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ade1970 View Post
    additionally does anyone think i may have caused all this by having BOTH the usb external 500gb hdd and a sanzer 16gb usb plugged in at same time when originally initialsing box, after flashing a fresh image? (thinking was to have epg, picons, backups etc on 16gb usb)
    If it set up the USB stick as the main hdd and so is using that to store everything - yes.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (22-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    it originally did exactly that! so removed the usb stick, and re-initialised the usb hdd so as to be main hdd, correct file structure etc...seemed ok as tested recording & playback, then on reboot...'hard disk full' warning at any attempt to record, pause etc..

Title
    Thanks
    hi again, and thanks for the feedback and suggestions...unfortunately the usb hdd underwent hddguru low level formatter and still not recognised, even by my laptop now. So completly reflashed mates box (openvix 3.2 build 36) for him and put a 32 gb fat32 formatted kinsgton stick in and bingo, that worked and came up as media/hdd, and works with timeshift (set at 10 seconds) and recordings as it should :-)
    So my question is, does a 2.5'' usb hdd have to have a separate power supply, can a y usb lead to used to power/data transfer...does anyone think this may work? Also does a usb external disc have to be formatted to fat32 to work or can one be put straight into the box from new?
    And finally as more people are now buying this box, can anyone recommend a suitable 2.5/3.5 external usb hdd to use with vu solo se v2, my friend is a retired fire station officer and he doesnt understand how its not working, so any further help much appreciated.