Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying the ET8000

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    Great!!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. are you having a HDD fitted by WOS? if not they are very easy to fit, but you need to initialise it b4 you can use it. also a usb key is handy for the rear to load your epgh data on, im sure I read this was safer than using the flash memory.
    If a HDD is fitted, no need for a USB stick for EPG.
    If a HDD is fitted & using timeshift, no need for a USB stick for picons.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

kryton (18-12-15),Sicilian (18-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    Great!!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. are you having a HDD fitted by WOS? if not they are very easy to fit, but you need to initialise it b4 you can use it. also a usb key is handy for the rear to load your epgh data on, im sure I read this was safer than using the flash memory. there is a very easy guide to set the box up in the vix section of this forum. just don't ask for anything card sharing related, that type of talk isn't allowed on here.

anyway, if you do need help, there are plenty of people on here that can sort most issues out. I have recently setup 5 of these and its pretty trouble free,

Again, I hope you enjoy the box!!
    No mate ive got a 500GB sata HDD going spare from my
    old pc so i will be fitting that, i used a 500gb external HDD on my Zero and when adding an 8Gb Kingston USB flash stick the Zero saw them both as 500GB and would only let me choose the external HDD to write to, both were initialised and mounted correctly, i could never understand that and never found a solution for it, as the the CS side of things i'm sorted so wont be asking for advice on that
    Last edited by kryton; 18-12-15 at 07:47.

Title
    Thanks
    Well my box turned up yesterday and im pleased to say it's all set up and running great, the only thing i have noticed is though
    Is the SNR is slightly lower than what i was getting on the Zero, for exampe on the Zero the SNR for GOLD was 99% but on the ET8000 it's only fetching 94%, will this be a problem with bad weather / heavy rain?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kryton View Post
    Well my box turned up yesterday and im pleased to say it's all set up and running great, the only thing i have noticed is though
    Is the SNR is slightly lower than what i was getting on the Zero, for exampe on the Zero the SNR for GOLD was 99% but on the ET8000 it's only fetching 94%, will this be a problem with bad weather / heavy rain?
    SNR is very device dependent ... comparing 2 different Makes of boxes is like comparing Apples & Pears.
    94% is not an issue for you ........... you should see some of my SNR figures
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

kryton (19-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    i have 99% on the zero and 90% on the duo2... looks like zero always shows 99% :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2stein For This Useful Post:

kryton (19-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I've never had an issue and i don't even get 92%

Title
    Thanks
    me to less than 90% no issues

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well my box turned up yesterday and im pleased to say it's all set up and running great
    Hi Kryton, keen to hear how you are getting on with the Xtrend? I too have a vu+ zero which I find good to use (had cr4ppy skybox F3s before it) and am now possibly thinking of an upgrade to the twin tuner box which I can install a HD into and record more. I only use the zero to view stuff, and have a 16Gb usb in it for the odd recording which works for now.

How are you finding the XTrend box compared to the zero? Quicker? Appreciate it will effectively be running the same OpenVix as the zero, but just curious how you finding it.

Also, is it as ugly as people make out??? Can an external IR receiver be fitted to the XTrend like the zero? (Just asking as like to hide my boxes away where possible and just attach a magic eye to the TV - and keep ugly boxes out of sight!)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Ugly? I think that's a few VU fanboys talking
    There are also apps that will run (at least on an Ipad) to control a host of gear including E2 receivers and TV's via the IP address (unfortunately with Sky you need an IR adapter with these apps or use the Sky app)
    All my lounge gear is behind closed doors... apart from teh TV
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    To be honest i'm very happy with it, and i wouldn't say it was particularly ugly, it sits nice in my tv cabinet, people have commented on the colour, i dont think the grey looks bad at all and it certainly didnt put me off buying it.
    Its very easy to set up and i find it much quicker than the Zero...the EPG loads instantly, on the Zero there was a few seconds delay when loading the graphical EPG with "waiting for EPG " displayed on screen.
    Channel change is fast and timeshift performs better on the xtrend...the Zero would pause slightly before using timeshift.
    Recording works perfect and being able to add either a 2.5" or 3.5" HDD was another bonus.
    Also the remote control is much more responsive than the Zero...i always found the remote lagging a bit on the Zero, i over come this by using my samsung tv remote through HDMI CEC.

For the money i cant fault the xtrend at all and really happy that i took the plunge and retired my Zero for the Xtrend.

Title
    Thanks
    I have to agree with Kryton, I got my xtrend et8000 last week from the sponsor. I could have gone for the cheaper xtrend et9500 which is black in colour but lower specification, im very please with my new box its very fast the guides load instantly. (faster than sky HD box) its easy to setup loads of plugins and as mentioned can 2.5.and 3.5 internal hard drives, (includes wiring and screws) takes 3 tuners I only wanted 2. there's lots of support images, skins, bootlogos and more

I think the photos don't show the correct colour, don't be put off...... I have a 42 inch Panasonic tv that has a black surround with grey gun metal finish stand and surround

hope this helps

regards

blue

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bluepassat For This Useful Post:

bsdbm (12-01-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    bluepassat are you using with a cable or sat tuner, or both? I am having VM broadband installed soon and thinking of buying one of these boxes to use with satellite and cable...

Title
    Thanks
    I went for the twin sat tuner only to replace one of my older boxes, I also have a youview box and that's a twin tuner so im covered if I need to record multiple programs

you can get any mix and match tuners

if you look at the price of other boxes with triple tuners can take 2.5 and 3.5 inch HDD

blue
    Last edited by bluepassat; 13-01-16 at 00:07.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bluepassat For This Useful Post:

bsdbm (13-01-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just ordered my ET8000 box from WoS - so should have it to set up over the weekend. Thanks for the advice guys, hope its as good as its purported to be! Will no doubt be back on here for help! Cheers all!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I'm new to all this and not very technically minded,so any help would be much appreciated.....
    After a recommendation, I'm about to order an Xtrend ET8000 2x DVBC/T/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver.from WoS, I'm also ordering a 500 GB HDD and Open ViX (latest),Will I need to also order USB storage?

I don't have Satellite TV -- so I'll only be using the box for Cable.

Grateful for any advice Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast