Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Day Problems.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Hope following aids further understanding....

Backup Manager:
    Creates and/or restores settings backup. You can setup a receiver how you like it. Flash another Vix image (as a separate prcoess), then restores the settings. Your preferances, bouquets, cam configs, tuner settings will be restoroed to how they were set up.

You can also restore settings between different receivers. For example someone has TM Nano OE and wants a multi tuner receiver and buys a Mutant 2400. Flash the Vix image on the Mutant (as a separate process) and restore the settings backup. Settings for everything that qualifies will be restored. E.g. Tuner A will be the same configuration, but Tuners B, C and D, will not have anything set as nothing was set for them when the settings backup was made on the the Nano which only has a single tuner. The preferances, bouquets, etc will be restored.

Image Manager:
    1.You can download an image from download server
    2.You can flash/install an image.
    3.You can create an image backup. Think of it as cloning the image. This can then be flashed/installed to the same make and model of receiver by USB or by Image Manager itself (process 2 above). When you flash/restore this image, it is an exact clone of the backup made.

Operations 1 and 3 are working for the Solo 4K. So, you can clone the image using Image Manager and restore/flash it using the USB installation process.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (09-12-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Hope following aids further understanding....

Backup Manager:
    Creates and/or restores settings backup. You can setup a receiver how you like it. Flash another Vix image (as a separate prcoess), then restores the settings. Your preferances, bouquets, cam configs, tuner settings will be restoroed to how they were set up.

You can also restore settings between different receivers. For example someone has TM Nano OE and wants a multi tuner receiver and buys a Mutant 2400. Flash the Vix image on the Mutant (as a separate process) and restore the settings backup. Settings for everything that qualifies will be restored. E.g. Tuner A will be the same configuration, but Tuners B, C and D, will not have anything set as nothing was set for them when the settings backup was made on the the Nano which only has a single tuner. The preferances, bouquets, etc will be restored.

Image Manager:
    1.You can download an image from download server
    2.You can flash/install an image.
    3.You can create an image backup. Think of it as cloning the image. This can then be flashed/installed to the same make and model of receiver by USB or by Image Manager itself (process 2 above). When you flash/restore this image, it is an exact clone of the backup made.

Operations 1 and 3 are working for the Solo 4K. So, you can clone the image using Image Manager and restore/flash it using the USB installation process.
    Well i have been unable to clone my image using VIX... so... anyway.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Well i have been unable to clone my image using VIX... so... anyway.
    Imagemanager for 4K fixed in next release, backup image only. Restore is being fixed by author of 'ofgwrite'.

On another subject, could you post your working setup for LCD4Linux using OpenViX please.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Good morning, here i am again, all week i have used my ATV image from 01.12.2015 without problems. On friday evening i online updated my ATV which included upodates to USB drivers, etc and there was also an update for epgrefresh in there, on saturday morning i awoke and my ABM, Cross EPG and Epg refresh had all run fine and the box was perfectly lucid and operational.
    I reinstalled VIX, made sure i had the most up to date plugins from the feeds and set everything up as previous. the box was fine till last night and it started to go flaky again whilst recording the x factor ITV HD on FTA 28.2, at the same time i was watching Sky Movies HD on VM (i have timeshift enabled), ( Last week i was recording and watching the recording of the x factor at the same time when it flaked and crashed).
    Spinner starts to show up regular, box becomes sluggish, i decide to put box into standby whilst still recording, the box seems to turn off but the lcd screen stays on Sky Movies, i had to turn the box back on, zap to ITV HD and then turn the box to standby, Now the LCD screen went to idle mode.
    Woke up this morning 06:20 the box is crashed, no front display, i had to powercycle the box, I then ftp into the box and i have the epg.dat.loading file again timed at 00:21 this morning.
    There is no crash log, if i run ABM, crossepg, and epgrefresh manually one after the other i have no problems, i therefore don't think these are the problem, i actually think it is a Hard Drive access problem, i know there was some rewrites over this issue, i just can't workout why i don't have any problems with other images?
    Please find attached images.
    If you want any more info or settings please let me know, but at some point today i will have to reflash my image clone of ATV for the coming week.ABM1.jpgABM2.jpgABM3.jpgcross1.jpgcross2.jpgepg1.jpgepg2.jpgepg3.jpg
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Good morning, here i am again, all week i have used my ATV image from 01.12.2015 without problems. On friday evening i online updated my ATV which included upodates to USB drivers, etc and there was also an update for epgrefresh in there, on saturday morning i awoke and my ABM, Cross EPG and Epg refresh had all run fine and the box was perfectly lucid and operational.
    I reinstalled VIX, made sure i had the most up to date plugins from the feeds and set everything up as previous. the box was fine till last night and it started to go flaky again whilst recording the x factor ITV HD on FTA 28.2, at the same time i was watching Sky Movies HD on VM (i have timeshift enabled), ( Last week i was recording and watching the recording of the x factor at the same time when it flaked and crashed).
    Spinner starts to show up regular, box becomes sluggish, i decide to put box into standby whilst still recording, the box seems to turn off but the lcd screen stays on Sky Movies, i had to turn the box back on, zap to ITV HD and then turn the box to standby, Now the LCD screen went to idle mode.
    Woke up this morning 06:20 the box is crashed, no front display, i had to powercycle the box, I then ftp into the box and i have the epg.dat.loading file again timed at 00:21 this morning.
    There is no crash log, if i run ABM, crossepg, and epgrefresh manually one after the other i have no problems, i therefore don't think these are the problem, i actually think it is a Hard Drive access problem, i know there was some rewrites over this issue, i just can't workout why i don't have any problems with other images?
    Please find attached images.
    If you want any more info or settings please let me know, but at some point today i will have to reflash my image clone of ATV for the coming week.ABM1.jpgABM2.jpgABM3.jpgcross1.jpgcross2.jpgepg1.jpgepg2.jpgepg3.jpg
    No such issues here. I've test as fake recording and main picture in EPGRefresh. Neither giving me any issues.

See my post 33, can you post your working LCD4Linux setup please.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Like I said it does seem to work fine manually, have you tried scheduling it like mine?
    You also probably don't have the same tuner config as me.
    The epg.dat.loading file is part of the problem, I am certain of it, that file is always there after a lock up.
    (Give me 10 mins for the LCD files, it is a work in progress, my media player screen is not finished yet)
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    init 4
    place files in etc/enigma2
    init 3
    lcd.zip
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (13-12-15)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    If EPG.DAT.LOADING is present it just means Cross download did not complete.

What is the tuner setup?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Tuner A Simple 28.2
    Tuner B Usuals
    Tuner I Cable
    Tuner J Cable
    Tuner K Sundtek S2 (Not configured)
    Tuner L Sundtek T2 Winter Hill gb
    This is exactly the same config as i have in openatv.
    The Sundtek S2 is not configured because of a separate problem i am having with ABM.(its easier than going round the cabinet and unplugging it).
    p.s. crossepg shouldn't be running at 00:21 at night...
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    init 4
    place files in etc/enigma2
    init 3
    lcd.zip
    Where did you download or install skin_user from?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    1. If you go to my original post on it you go to front display and choose skin_user.
    2. Then in lcd4linux you need to press menu and load the skin user file, then choose that as your lcd screen.
    You shouldn't need to do step 2 if using pre config files. just init 4 after step 1 and drop them in.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    1. If you go to my original post on it you go to front display and choose skin_user.
    2. Then in lcd4linux you need to press menu and load the skin user file, then choose that as your lcd screen.
    You shouldn't need to do step 2 if using pre config files. just init 4 after step 1 and drop them in.
    From a fresh flash you get this:

Menu > Setup > System > Front display > Skin setup, Default or Default with picon. Still dont see where skin_user comes from.

Going into LCD4L and press menu does not give option to load skin_user. This is from a fresh flash without your files.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    highlight lcd 1 screen in global settings and press right, do you get the option for internal box-skin lcd as underlined?
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    highlight lcd 1 screen in global settings and press right, do you get the option for internal box-skin lcd as underlined?
    Just figured it lol, been doing my nut in this one lol!

From from fresh flash.

1) Install LCD4L.
    2) Press Menu in LCD4L and load defaults.
    3) Exit that screen.
    4) Press Green to save.
    5) Receiver GUI will then restart.
    6) Defaults loaded and LCD4L working, can now configure away.

I'll post a sticky with your config. Skin_user you posted is not needed.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast