Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Day Problems.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry i havn't been back to this, been mega busy the 4k isnt the only thing in this house that needs attention lol.
    yesterday morning i sat watching my box in standby, at 6:02 am the front clock stopped ticking, this is exactly the time that epg_refresh is running, and that is what i thought was causing the crash, i have disabled epg_refresh to autorun and this morning my box didn't crash.
    My epg refresh is usually set to poll from 5:55, it does a fake recording for 300 seconds on pvr_epg channel (cable) then tunes to BBC ONE N W (Terrestrial) for 300 seconds as a fake recording. My T2 tuner is a USB Sundtek, that could be the cause, i know there was a a new usb dvb driver released into the new vix and maybe that is the reason i am having this problem and didn't when running ATV which was probably pre-dvb usb driver.
    At the mome i havn't got time to mess, i may flash back ATV and run software update and see if my config fails there as well.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    No issue with EPG refresh here, post screenshots of your settings so can try to replicate.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    its worse than that, i left the box on bbc 1 hd (fta sat) and ive been busy, i have just been to check on the box and the screen was frozen at 10 a.m. i tired to put the box into standby and the screen dimmed lightly and did nothing, i pressed power again and it nothing happened, luckily i have rebooted and there is a crash log, TBH i have had a few crashes since i installed VIX usually during tuning operations, i will upload the log for just now and i will then upload the others later.enigma2_crash_1449409023.log
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I flashed back to my openatv back up yesterday and I've just come in from work and it is still running fine, everyday my box would crash in the morning with vix, and a few other times such as watching the X factor on Saturday night whilst it was still recording lead to my box becoming so unresponsive I had to reboot it by telnet.
    The version of ATV is from the day before the last vu driver and USB updates where released, maybe they are the problem with my setup.
    I plan to run this ATV for a few days and then I will update and see if that has the same effect, I really like vix I run it on all my other boxes but it just didn't feel stable at all.
    ATV seems to run fine.
    .?
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Screenshots requested in post 17
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    For the 4k in order to be sure that our driver (sundtek) is not the reason just flash a fresh vix image and don't install the USB driver for it.
    This system is quite new. However I have read that the epg refresh itself might cause some issues at the moment (totally unrelated to our USB tuners..)
    Try to debug it step by step.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers I will, that's why I am running this ATV without any updates till the weekend I am mega busy at the moment, then I will try vix again at the weekend.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can't privide you with the screenshots at the moment as I have flashed back to ATV, as the box is connected to our main TV I need it to run well during the week when I am almost never home so the rest of the family can use it or don't have to power cycle the box.
    As I said my epg refresh settings where to poll between 5:55 and 6:15 everyday, and to fake record pvr_epg for 300 seconds and then fake record BBC 1 NW (terrestrial) for 300 seconds. These settings are what I am using on openATV last updated 01.12.2015.
    I won't get time to test till the weekend, the lack of process to create a Vix image back up stops me from doing that during the week.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    ake record pvr_epg for 300 seconds and then fake record BBC 1 NW (terrestrial) for 300 seconds
    No issue here using those settings.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    the lack of process to create a Vix image back up stops me from doing that during the week.
    You can save a backup using backup manager, and you can restore settings and plugins from that backup, just can't couch flash using image manager yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Image backup will be fixed in next build. Image restore is being worked on by the author of ofgwrite.

@ DaMac, I've set EPGRefresh as per your settings, I'll add a Sundtek tuner this evening to the setup.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Image backup will be fixed in next build. Image restore is being worked on by the author of ofgwrite.

@ DaMac, I've set EPGRefresh as per your settings, I'll add a Sundtek tuner this evening to the setup.
    Image Backup will be fixed?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Image Backup will be fixed?

AndyBlac has already committed the fix for that.

But to restore the backup image you need to flash it from a usb stick.

Once ofgwrite is updated it will be possible to restore in the normal way.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Am I missing something? This is what I have done in the past on my Vu+ Solo 4K.
    When I've set everything up and have it running how I like it. Blue button, ViX and Backup Manager and green button to save a backup.
    When a new Dev image comes out I fresh flash using usb stick then when prompted if I want to restore settings, I say YES, choose my backup I did as stated above and when prompted if I want to restore plugins, I say YES and after a few, Vu+ Solo 4K reboots and everything is restored to how I like it. Is that what the Backup Manager is for?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Am I missing something? This is what I have done in the past on my Vu+ Solo 4K.
    When I've set everything up and have it running how I like it. Blue button, ViX and Backup Manager and green button to save a backup.
    When a new Dev image comes out I fresh flash using usb stick then when prompted if I want to restore settings, I say YES, choose my backup I did as stated above and when prompted if I want to restore plugins, I say YES and after a few, Vu+ Solo 4K reboots and everything is restored to how I like it. Is that what the Backup Manager is for?

Sicilian/Huevos are talking about Image Manager.
    Backup Manager works fine and does as you have described.
    Image Manager ..... currently cannot do a complete image restore until ofgwrite is modified. Same for couch image flash.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

16. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (09-12-15)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast