Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Software Update- Not Woking

Title
    Thanks

Software Update- Not Woking

Hi , i have managed to get my box working very well , however when i try to update software via the internet it hangs and the router crashes everything has to be rebooted , is there a issue at the moment with this way of up dating with vix or is it me ? using V3.2 build 026 .
    Thanks for any reply's

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Without crashlogs we have no clues. Build 3.2.026 is the latest at the moment.

What build did you update from? Or what build was the last you flashed?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    well i have flashed a few times cos i made a few cockups , its always been the 3.2 but not sure about the other 02 only had the box a couple of weeks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Menu > Information > About

If the build number is less than 23, you have to reinstall the image. You should not perform an update.

Thread here with video guide.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...p-and-Restores

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, i am on 026 , perhaps i should do a re flash , and see what that does, thanks for the replays.

Title
    Thanks
    Aura, I'm also having the same issue you refer to, it happened to me once before on older builds, but then after a few updates it fixed it's self, I can't remember if I changed something, or something changed in the builds.

I would suggest trying to change your STB's connection type from DHCP to a static IP or vice versa, just incase you router is having a spaz, I'm going to try a few things this week when I get time, I'll let you know If I get any joy.

Title
    Thanks
    oh i forgot to mention that at some stage during the night it comes on ,in the morning it wont do anything until i reboot are there any timers that im missing ?

Title
    Thanks
    Up date ,just re flashed box ,i performed a online software update ,and it worked with no problems ,only time will tell if it has cured the weird coming out of standby on in the night saga

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aura View Post
    only time will tell if it has cured the weird coming out of standby on in the night saga
    Do you have autobouquetsmaker or crossepg set to download in the evening?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Hi folks, update ,its still coming on in the night and still crashing the internet in the process , i have reflashed again and turned off background software background update ,crossepg update ,and ABM update have been set to 7am so i will know if its them ,its starting to do my head in ,thanks for any replies

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Any crashlog generated?
    Still none in this thread...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Any crashlog generated?
    Still none in this thread...
    Sorry i should have looked before re flashing this morning ,at the moment its empty , will see how it behaves over night ,and report back with any thing in the morning.

Its easy to assume i know about logs and how to send them ,i didnt till now so will send when i get any .